No announcement yet.

How to tell my mom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Kristy! It sounds like you have two wonderful parents who love you very much. You are very fortunate!

As to your comments earlier about perfection, that was me! I had problems with people who would file for bankruptcy. While I still have problems with those who are fraudulent or working the system, I certainly have a new understanding.

My attitude stemmed from either self righteousness, or a judgmental way of being. Either way, it wasn't right. A person I had done business with for many years told me that I would emerge from this with a new sense of empathy, and ultimately would be a better person.

This has been part of my life now for over six months, and I have to say that he was exactly correct! I am very happy with the new person that I am.

I also think that it can go the other way as well. Some people may think that they have gotten away with something, so they want to hurry up and do it again! I think that it all points to strength of character as to which way you go. Just from what you have written here so far, you are going to be more than fine as you move on!
    Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
    Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
    If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X