No announcement yet.

Filing for bankrupcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh, i feel like a pain in the butt!!!! On the website it says you can view all three reports for 29.99, now will it show everything like the creditors phone numbers and address??? And collectors? I did one with Experian but it just showed me a list of my debts is all.
    Am I making any darn sense?

Comment

Equifax offers a 3 in 1 credit report for $29.95 and it will show you all three credit reports for each debt. You have to click on the "Show Details" for the address, maybe try that?

Have you been turned down or has anyone ran a credit check lately on you? You can obtain a copy that way.

I forgot about this... you can list all your creditors to the best of you knowledge, even put unknown under the amounts and leave the addresses blank. My attorney fees included obtaining my credit reports (so I basically wasted money - because I had to pay the amount anyhow) and then when we went over the reports to include all addresses.

Comment

thank you herekitty you have been a big help!!

Comment

No problem, that's what we are here for!

Comment

Going For Bankruptcy

Hi,
            I am new and my husband and I are at that point now that we are going for bankruptcy. Our situation came ahead this year when my husband was "downsized" to part time and it got steadily worse. I work full time where I work but the pay is ok, it does help when trying to pay the major stuff, like utilities, phone and some other credit card bills, but we are at the point that the creditors are calling, sending letters or sending us letters from credit collectors. It has gotten so bad that we try to pay what we can but they want so much that we have given in because we are basically living paycheck to paycheck and we basically have no money for groceries or the basic essentials. We owe about $30 thousand dollars in credit card debt. We used them basically in the beginning for clothes and such before my husband for "downsized", then when it started getting bad, we used them for groceries and paying bills until we reached our limit. I know this sounds bad and it is.....and we are trying to pay what we can. We contacted a lawyer and we need to know what we need to bring(like what bills and what else that is needed)? We do have some medical bills, do we need to bring them too?

Appreciate any help....thank you.

JoeandSteph2001

Comment

Absolutely take every bill you have including medical if you intend to have them discharged. You have a lot of support on this forum and no one will judge you because after all we are all virtually in the same boat. Granted some of us have already gone through the process but we are here to offer suggestions/advice if we can. Loss of income/job and medical bills are some of the primary reasons for filing BK. You apparently, like so many others before you, have reached the point of no return and can no longer continue to try and pay cc bills and exist. So consult an attorney asap. I am sure you have heard about the new law that takes effect in October; you DONT want to try and file under that law. I have read the requirements for filing under the new law and it is brutal. Good luck...we are here to help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X