paystubs before 6 month lookback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paystubs before 6 month lookback?

Does anyone know why my attorney would have sent our trustee paystubs for me from June when our 6 month lookback is from Sept-Feb? I thought these were the guidelines. I guess it doesn't really matter, alls it will show is that I made a lot more money at my old job in another state before we moved here for my husbands job transfer and my pay is significantly less (thus the reason we are in the position we are in!!). Just curious...

Some Trustees go back an entire year. We had to provide one year's worth of bank statements, paystubs and charges/payments over a certain amount on each credit card. You always comply with what your Trustee asks for. Things vary everywhere and nothing is cookie cutter as you will find out.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Yeah, what Flamingo said.

My very first thought was that this is your trustee's standard request, and nothing unusual at all.
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

that seems fairly reasonable, I need to keep reminding myself that this thing isn't going to be black and white. But it was more of one of those "hmmmm" moments for me, always trying to out think things. Thanks!

Comment

Always be prepared, thats for sure! I filed in JULY 06 and had to go back 6 months of paystubs and I think 1-2 months of bank statements and 2 years of filing taxes.

Good thing you might want to do is (if you haven't filed yet) download and print all the bank statements and creditor statements you possibly can in case you need them in the future, once you file (if you use the internet) you will be blocked from ever having access. Otherwise you might find they will charge you if you should need any statements while in the process of BK.

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Thanks catch, we have already filed with an attorney. I am now just learning to utilize pacer, that is how I found out about the paystubs. I gave my attorney everything at the beginning (6-8 months paystubs, bank statements, 3 years of tax returns, etc), so fortunately, he had the paystubs from June forward to give to the trustee. I guess I was just wondering what questions she is trying to answer by going further back than 6 months.

Comment

One thing that comes to mind are people who wait the exact amount of time after a cash advance, property transfer, luxury purchase, whatever, and then file THE VERY NEXT DAY. Obviously this isn't you, but if I was counting on no more than a six month lookback on something, and filed on the 183rd day after my questionable transaction, she would definitely see whatever I was hoping would fall under her radar by waiting.

Good luck!!!
              Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

you're right Fresh, none of that applies to me. After thinking about it though, it may be a good thing because she will see my income was high in IN and dropped considerably when we moved to FL in July. My husband took a better, more secure job here and my job was the sacrificial lamb. I think it will paint a pretty clear picture, hopefully!

Comment

On the other side of the coin - my trustee sent a letter before the 341 to bring everything (401k statements, 1 yr bank stmts, 1 yr payroll, w2, 2007-2007 taxes, all debt statements).
                  Yet when I got to the 341 all he asked for was my drivers license, no Social Security card. And of course the UHaul of information he asked for me to bring was never asked for (sigh).

Oddly enough this trustee didn't want to see my $70K of debt but the US Trustee was more interested inmy wife's $54.00 newspaper bill for the last 6 months of 2006. You kidding me?

So as we know it, each BK process is not the same.

Good luck!!
                  Filed: 01/23/08
                  341 Meeting: 02/29/08
                  Discharged: 04/30/08
                  Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeADaisy View Post
                    One thing that comes to mind are people who wait the exact amount of time after a cash advance, property transfer, luxury purchase, whatever, and then file THE VERY NEXT DAY. Obviously this isn't you, but if I was counting on no more than a six month lookback on something, and filed on the 183rd day after my questionable transaction, she would definitely see whatever I was hoping would fall under her radar by waiting.

Good luck!!!
                    so we better wait 210 days,

Comment

Originally posted by gophermn View Post

Oddly enough this trustee didn't want to see my $70K of debt but the US Trustee was more interested inmy wife's $54.00 newspaper bill for the last 6 months of 2006. You kidding me?

So as we know it, each BK process is not the same.

Good luck!!

Maybe he wants the coupons from the paper or was just trying to make small talk to see what you would say. Who knows what these people think with stuff like that.

Comment

I'm going to come prepared with my binder with everything I can possibly think of. Then when she asks for something, I can hand it over with a smile. I look at the 341 as a means to an end.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X