Discover card statements...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discover card statements...

Yesterday in the mail we received the past 6 months of statements from Discover card. They are repeats of all the statements we have already received. Each month's came in a separate envelope just as we normally receive them every month. I did not make any requests for them. Anyone else have this happen? Is there any significance to this?

Thanks,
    reallynervous

Could be a mistake. OR, could be that somebody subpeona your documents and Discover had to send you the same docs.

Comment

If you have already filed Bankruptcy and had a lawyer. You can sue them with the "automatic stay card" IF need be. Chevy Chase kept sending me statements which was a violation of the automatic stay. They didn't turn off their computer generated letters which was sending me the statements! Well since I'm already discharged my lawyer didn't make a big deal, since Chevy Chase and NFCU at that didn't pursue my BK with any objections. NOW, if your Bk is already discharged than, lets say for example if you have a car loan (for example) the Dealer financing my car has started sending me statements every month (car note) and I dont have to send payments into their BK office but to their regular Billing office.

Hope this gives you a clue ! Save those statements !

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Thank you for replying...

CMIYC,

We haven't filed yet. I will be paying our attorney and meeting with the paralegal to get the paperwork started tomorrow. Thank you for the info, though.

Twuoo,

Can you tell me who might be subpoenaing (sp?) those records and for what purpose? Would this be something that we would/should have received notice about?

Thank you both again,
        reallynervous

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X