No announcement yet.

Can i get fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would keep paying the minimum until you speak to an attorney. I do not think you will have to reafirm. Once you file BK you don't owe the debt. It doesn't matter if its your employer, your mother, or anyone. You work for a large corporation. Chances are, the only dept. that may know about your BK is your HR department. And that only a maybe. I do not see them thinking of other reasons to fire you b/c the person overseeing you at the store will have no idea about the BK unless you tell them. GET A COPY OF YOUR HANDBOOK PRONTO, AND READ IT FROM COVER TO COVER!! See what it says about your credit card situation. Call the HR department and ask them! You don't have to tell them who your are to ask question about your situation!! I am in management. There are times I have fired an employee for one reason or another and then when they talk to their friends they make up a different reason. Do not go by what you "hear". Go by what you "know. That always includes this board. Listen to our advice, but always go with what an attorney tells you to do. Get out there and get the answers so you can make an informed decision. Keep us posted.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I do understand why they could fire you for bounced checks, that is, as far as I know, a theft charge. However, bankruptcy IS legal. True, if they wanted to fire you they could, but if you've been there for a while I'm sure they like you and wouldn't want to lose you. If you're able to pay the Target card, and think it's a real risk to your job to file against it, then reaffirm that card. But I don't think they can fire you for B/K alone. Good luck!
      3/27/07: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO (hers/his) 450/477
      5/10/07: 341 Meeting DONE! Trustee's Report of No Distribution Filed
      7/04/07: FICOs going up! Credit report cleanup (hers/his) 540/536
      7/10/07: DISCHARGED! 8/27/07: CLOSED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X