Can i get fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i get fired

Does any one know I work for Target and I have a Target Visa can I get fired if I file Bankruptcy on the Target visa I do know you can get fired if you don't pay your Target bill and if you bounce checks
    4/12/07: Chapter 7 Filed
    5/10/07: 341 Meeting
    7/09/07: Objection to Discharge Due

You can get fired for not paying your target card bill?

Comment

Hmmm .. interesting. I would think there would be a lawsuit involved ??? I know someone told me at the job I worked for or am currently working they will fire you if you have more than one garnishment taken from you check ! I would like to see it written somewhere in their employee manual ! Did you guys/gals know if you work for the TSA (Transportation Security Admin) you have to either file BK or quit the job! I had a friend in the TSA and when they ran his credit report they told him he had to file BK or quit!

CatchMeIfYouCan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
        You can get fired for not paying your target card bill?
        Yes you will get fired from target if you don't pay your Target bill but I don't know if you can get fired if you file Bankruptcy on the card but I guess Iwill find out soon enough

Comment

I'm thinking that you are supposed to be protected or not disciminated against if you file bk. But they can always make it look like they are downsizing or you are not performing to their standard versus outright saying they are firing you because you filed for bk.

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
            Did you guys/gals know if you work for the TSA (Transportation Security Admin) you have to either file BK or quit the job! I had a friend in the TSA and when they ran his credit report they told him he had to file BK or quit!

CatchMeIfYouCan
            That is interesting.

Originally posted by mommytima View Post
            Does any one know I work for Target and I have a Target Visa can I get fired if I file Bankruptcy on the Target visa I do know you can get fired if you don't pay your Target bill and if you bounce checks
            Now they can't fire you because you filed, but I am sure if they wanted to fire you than they could find some other reason to do so.
            3/30/07 Petition signed
            5/21/07 341 Meeting
            7/20/07 Last day for Objections
            7/25/07 DISCHARGED 7/30/07 CLOSED

Comment

Well if you bounce a check. Technically they can charge with criminal offense for that action.

Comment

Yes you will get fired from target if you don't pay your Target bill but I don't know if you can get fired if you file Bankruptcy on the card but I guess Iwill find out soon enough
                Not if you reaffirm the Target Visa..

They can't fire your for just filing BK. But they probably can if you add Target Visa to your bk... as that is no difference from not paying your bill...

You probably need to weight your options there.. The Target job or the Target Visa debt relief.....

Comment

Thank You , everyone for your help but I guess will see when we go for our First meeting which will be May 10 , and I think I may have to reaffirm the Target visa I will have think hard about what I should do I owe about $7000.00 on the card and being I paid my bill late a few times I am being charged like 28% interest it will take me forever to pay on that card.And if I lose my job I don't now how easy it will be for me to find another .I'm 52 years old with some health problems:

Comment

Be very careful that the BK doesn't get filled, you reaffirm and then lose your job. Now you have the worst of both world. I really think it would be against federal BK laws for them to fire you over filling BK. I would never never reaffirm an usecured debt. Especially at 28 percent interest.

Comment

Target may not back the Card. Target Nat'l Bnak and Target Stores are not the same Company. Your contract with te bank is not tied to your job. It is illegal for them to fire you even for not paying the card.

As to getting a major lawsuit if by some one in a million happenstance they do, possible but doubtful, very doubtful.

As to bouncing a check, yes, because it is a criminal act in some places you could get fired from a job, absolutely. Down here a you are more likely to get run over by a herd of pink rhino's than to get arrested for a bum check, I don't even think it is a criminal offense in Dade or Broward.

Catch, that is likely true, alot as I keep saying has changed since 9/11.
                      Last edited by robivi3; 04-27-2007, 04:52 PM.
                      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
                        Target may not back the Card. Target Nat'l Bnak and Target Stores are not the same Company. Your contract with te bank is not tied to your job. It is illegal for them to fire you even for not paying the card.

As to getting a major lawsuit if by some one in a million happenstance they do, possible but doubtful, very doubtful.

As to bouncing a check, yes, because it is a criminal act in some places you could get fired from a job, absolutely. Down here a you are more likely to get run over by a herd of pink rhino's than to get arrested for a bum check, I don't even think it is a criminal offense in Dade or Broward.

Catch, that is likely true, alot as I keep saying has changed since 9/11.
                        I do know that you can get fired for not paying your bill I over heard one of the employees talking to another employee that he didn't pay his Target bill and that they called him up and told him that he can get fired if he doesn't pay his bill and it says it in the employee hand book but I never remember reading anything on BK .That is way I am so concern and i don't want to ask HR about it .I will let you know what happens .

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
                          Yes, it is the same company. Heres excerpts from a company profile description of Target Corporation.

"Target Corporation was incorporated in Minnesota in 1902. The Company operates large-format general merchandise discount stores in the United States, which include Target and SuperTarget stores. The Company operates as a single business segment. The Company's credit card operation represents an integral component of its core retail business. Through its branded proprietary credit products, it strengthens the bond with its guests, drive incremental sales and contribute meaningfully to earnings."

I do know that you can get fired for not paying your bill I over heard one of the employees talking to another employee that he didn't pay his Target bill and that they called him up and told him that he can get fired if he doesn't pay his bill and it says it in the employee hand book but I never remember reading anything on BK .That is way I am so concern and i don't want to ask HR about it .I will let you know what happens .
                          Its could be that the bill collector lied to him when he said he can get fired. Then again, I spose its possible.

But really, how valuable is a job at target. Is it just a regular store position making less than $10 an hour? You can walk across the street to wal-mart, or any other place for that matter, and be working the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
                            Yes, it is the same company. Heres excerpts from a company profile description of Target Corporation.

"Target Corporation was incorporated in Minnesota in 1902. The Company operates large-format general merchandise discount stores in the United States, which include Target and SuperTarget stores. The Company operates as a single business segment. The Company's credit card operation represents an integral component of its core retail business. Through its branded proprietary credit products, it strengthens the bond with its guests, drive incremental sales and contribute meaningfully to earnings."

Its could be that the bill collector lied to him when he said he can get fired. Then again, I spose its possible.

But really, how valuable is a job at target. Is it just a regular store position making less than $10 an hour? You can walk across the street to wal-mart, or any other place for that matter, and be working the next day.

I have been at Target for awhile I make $12.60 ahour and If i would go to walmart or an other retail store I will start at maybe $8.00 that is a difference but I'll see what happens because like other people have said if they don't fire me for filing BK they will find another way to do it I know Target but if they do they will hurt for awhile as of right now no one else is trained to do my job

Comment

Labor Law ==> Look at your employment agreement/contract with target or any employee personal/work handbook for rules, regulations and/or conducts/disciplines on emploment conditions and/or any special finanical circumstance. Do they say they will "terminate" employment at any time when rules are violated !?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X