top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if the debtor can't speak english well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if the debtor can't speak english well?

I'm just curious, even though my father is a u.s citizen naturalized, his english is practically horrible.

Now if he was to file bankruptcy, it would definitely be recommended to find a lawyer who can translate correct?

So when at the 341 meeting, the lawyer can translate in front of the trustee?

Would the trustee have to speak my father's language too then?

sigh......i cause so much crap for my family

Hmmm

I wondered this many times too, what happens when its an immigrant. My husband speaks somewhat broken English. He was JUST naturalized a few months back. I suppose I will have to do all the yapping. I'm sure judges/trustees/lawyers here in the northeast have delt with this quite a bit though. NYC/NJ have huge immigrant populations.
    WAM
    ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
    WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
    PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whatamess View Post
      I wondered this many times too, what happens when its an immigrant. My husband speaks somewhat broken English. He was JUST naturalized a few months back. I suppose I will have to do all the yapping. I'm sure judges/trustees/lawyers here in the northeast have delt with this quite a bit though. NYC/NJ have huge immigrant populations.
      WAM
      thanks wam, this is a curious topic correct? what if immigrant/legal aliens/naturalized citizens that never perfected english fall into bankruptcy?

any mods know? thanks again everyone

Comment

I would assume one would have to find a translator! Just like if a hearing impaired person were to file - they need a translator !

Best Wishes, CMIYC
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X