Pacer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer question

I've noticed people looking up pacer for their status on here. We tried that for western washington and it says you have to be an attorney or work in the legal profession to do this. Has anyone else seen this? Don't want to get into trouble with the courts on this.

There are certain parts of PACER that are for legal counsel but you can set yourself up a user id/login and password. I'm not sure exactly how I got it but others will chime in here to help you out!

CMIYC
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

PACER stands for Public Access to Court Electronic Records. As far as I know, anyone can view it. You may need to be affiliated with the Court to update or add new info, but anyone can use PACER to look at filings and cases.

You will have to Register. If you opt to pay with a Debit Card, you'll be granted immediate access. Everything,......... Confirmation, billing, etc, will be handled via email. If you go the old fashioned "snail mail" way, you can get access in 7-10 business days.

Once you register, you'll be assigned a PACER User ID and Password. That will allow you to access case files. You cannot post new information or upload documents. You would have to have a special key to do that. But you can view documents and filings associated with various cases.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X