top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK Fess up...How many of you have Lied on a Credit Application??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Fess up...How many of you have Lied on a Credit Application??

I know alot of people put down incorrect information on their credit applications to increase their chances of getting approved.Anyone on this forum who might have lied about Income,Employment or time at present job?
    I'll go first.Yes I did lie on about six of my credit applications.I exaggerated income by about $6-8 thousand dollars and put down I had been working at my job over a year and a half and actually only been there 3 months.
    I'm not bragging about it and I'm certainly not proud of it.It's not anything I'll ever do again that's for sure! Stupid....stupid.....stupid.....
    Anyone else?
    Donna
    Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

I'll play... I upped my length of time on the job to get approved. Didn't have to stretch income, but I had only been there 3 weeks and I said I had been there 6 months. In the past, I made up income to get CCs when I wasn't even working. It makes me sick to think back how dependent I had become on credit.
    Filed Chapter 7: 9/29/06
    341 Meeting: 11/01/06
    Last Day for Objections: 1/01/07
    Discharged and closed: 1/03/07

Comment

I join in...

I am guilty of it as well...

Adding more months to length of time a a few thousands more on income :/
      Discharged... 2/13/07 Closed... 2/20/07
      Ochard Bank $600 Household Bank $600
      Hooters Card $1000 Target Store Card $500
      Discover HSBC $300

Comment

Well, if you ever need to discharge the debt incurred from credit that you obtained by misrepresenting your financial situation, AND the creditor can prove it, then you are out of luck. It is rare that the creditor would go to such length, but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
          Well, if you ever need to discharge the debt incurred from credit that you obtained by misrepresenting your financial situation, AND the creditor can prove it, then you are out of luck. It is rare that the creditor would go to such length, but who knows?
          Your right Spartan.And I just got lucky that none of my creditors did an in depth analysis.I know I was very,very concerned when I first filed for BK because of this very reason.I kept looking at Pacer wondering when and if I would see an objection to discharge.I really,really dreaded it every time I got a notice from the BK court thinking Oh no,it's here...notice of an adversary proceeding.Thank god it never came!You'll never know how grateful I was that I did not have any problems.Whew.I dodged a bullet and I know it.
          I have made a new years resolution to never,ever put false information on my credit applications again...no matter what the situation.
          Hopefully this post will help someone here not make the same mistake I made.
          It the long run it will hurt you....Not help!
          Donna
          Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

I've never exagerated household income, time on job, or anything like that, but,........

I have said I'm "self employed" as opposed to saying I'm a SAHM or "Housewife".
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Boy you are something....

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
              I've never exagerated household income, time on job, or anything like that, but,........

I have said I'm "self employed" as opposed to saying I'm a SAHM or "Housewife".
              Ooh,SinkingFast.You sneaky pete! You are something else! What else do you have up your sleeve?? First the income tax return manouver and now this!
              Wow. I wanna learn your technique.Your the devil in disguise!
              Donna
              Donna

Comment

Originally posted by 9877donna View Post
                Ooh,SinkingFast.You sneaky pete! You are something else! What else do you have up your sleeve?? First the income tax return manouver and now this!
                Wow. I wanna learn your technique.Your the devil in disguise!
                Donna
                Not really, Donna.

Crafy maybe,......... But certainly not a Devil!!

Let's just say, I've been around the block a time or 2.
                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                Discharged - 12/2006
                Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                  Not really, Donna.

Crafy maybe,......... But certainly not a Devil!!

Let's just say, I've been around the block a time or 2.

I still wanna grow up to be just like you!
                  Donna
                  Donna

Comment

ROFLMAO!

I still wanna grow up to be just like you!
                    Donna

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                      It is VERY RARE, and the more time that passes in between when the credit card purchases were made and when the person files for BK, the less likely it is to cause any problems. Creditors would have an exceptionally hard time proving "intent" and it is usually not worth their effort and expense to fight it, especially in a no-asset case.

And one thing I noticed is that credit cards would routinely increase my credit limit without me ever requesting an increase and without any verification that my income level had increased at all. And in fact, I was just barely making the minimum payments when they increased my limits. That sounds like entrapment to me.
                      Last edited by GoingDown; 01-10-2007, 12:55 PM.
                      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Entrapment is probably too strong a word to use. "Enabling" would be more appropriate, in my case.

Comment

Your right Spartan.And I just got lucky that none of my creditors did an in depth analysis.I know I was very,very concerned when I first filed for BK because of this very reason.I kept looking at Pacer wondering when and if I would see an objection to discharge.I really,really dreaded it every time I got a notice from the BK court thinking Oh no,it's here...notice of an adversary proceeding.Thank god it never came!You'll never know how grateful I was that I did not have any problems.Whew.I dodged a bullet and I know it.
                          I have made a new years resolution to never,ever put false information on my credit applications again...no matter what the situation.
                          Hopefully this post will help someone here not make the same mistake I made.
                          It the long run it will hurt you....Not help!
                          Donna
                          Nothing like being shot at and live to tell about it.

I am happy that everything works out for you. And the best is yet to come.

Comment

Hmmm, now they I've already filed, I wonder if I should boost my salary just to get a credit card for the road to repairs???

Ive never lied on any of my credit card applications in the past, because I always thought they had a way of finding out how much you make/made? Is this not true? They just go by what you say? Hmmm .....

Catchmeifyoucan
                            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Please go back and read my previous post!!

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
                              Hmmm, now they I've already filed, I wonder if I should boost my salary just to get a credit card for the road to repairs???

Ive never lied on any of my credit card applications in the past, because I always thought they had a way of finding out how much you make/made? Is this not true? They just go by what you say? Hmmm .....

Catchmeifyoucan
                              Umm,Well I know the creditors I had did not check BUT then again I did not have any of the 'heavy hitters' like BOA/MBNA,AMEX....I was told some DO check your employment and Income.And some creditors also ask for a 'pay stub' to verify income.
                              Alot of people do it but It's not a smart move to increase your bottom line to get credit.

Donna
                              Donna

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X