top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is an income tax refund considered income ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also wondering........my understanding is that to determine one's income they look at the past 6 month, not including the month that you file.

What if when you file and the last six months reflect that you are under the median, however let's say you get a good paying job 2 months before you file that would take you over the median income if you continue at that job. How would that effect this crazy puzzle ?

if you've already received it, im sure it would be reflected in your checking account. IF you are expecting it than the trustee can and probably will expect to help pay back the creditors

Also wondering........my understanding is that to determine one's income they look at the past 6 month, not including the month that you file.

What if when you file and the last six months reflect that you are under the median, however let's say you get a good paying job 2 months before you file that would take you over the median income if you continue at that job. How would that effect this crazy puzzle ?

Depends on what you are filing for? Ch13 ? Ch7 ? If you income changes so much that it shows you are able to pay more towards your plan than it would be modified. I don't know about Ch7. I would wait for a discharge before you add your making more money!

Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X