Discharged!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!

Last day fpr objections was actually the 21st, so they made us sweat it out a little, but it is now officially both on PACER and from the lawyer! Never thought I'd see this day come, what a relief and weight off of our shoulders. I feel like we can breathe again and actually look forward to the future. You all have been the greatest support system and I couldn't have gone through it alone, thanks for all the help, encouragement and advice. I expect I'll hang around here, never know when I can return the favor.
    Filed..........August 10. 2006
    341.........September 22, 2006
    Last Day for Objections........November 21, 2006
    Discharged............November 27, 2006

CONGRATS, Connie!!

What a great Thanksgiving/Christmas present for your family!!
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Congratulations, ConnieS! This is one happy day - so glad everything is finally over for you! That fresh start is going to be sweet!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Congrats

YEAH ! ! ! I CANT WAIT FOR MINE ! ! ! CONGRATS ! ! ! WHAT A RELIEF YOU MUST FEEL ! ! !

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Yah, you did it! I knew you werent going to be far behind me. It is such a great feeling isnt it? Congratulations and have a great Christmas!!

Comment

Thank you all! It is a great feeling, especially with the Holidays coming up so soon. We are learning to do it all without credit cards, and you know what, each time I am able to buy something with cash I feel that much better about it. Christmas may be a little leaner this year, but there is a whole lot more meaning to it!

Comment

Wow,Congrats ConnieS!!!

Originally posted by ConnieS View Post
              Last day fpr objections was actually the 21st, so they made us sweat it out a little, but it is now officially both on PACER and from the lawyer! Never thought I'd see this day come, what a relief and weight off of our shoulders. I feel like we can breathe again and actually look forward to the future. You all have been the greatest support system and I couldn't have gone through it alone, thanks for all the help, encouragement and advice. I expect I'll hang around here, never know when I can return the favor.
              I am so glad for you ConnieS.It's nice to see a fellow BK'r get through all this with little or no scars.It's time to celebrate and be happy for your newly found financial freedom!
              Good Luck to you and see you around the boards in the future.
              Donna
              Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

Better a leaner holiday than the headaches that come when the bills start piling in! And with the sales going on you will be surprised at how much you will be able to buy.

Congrats....
                www.creditnewsblues.com

Comment

Originally posted by riverlady View Post
                  Better a leaner holiday than the headaches that come when the bills start piling in! And with the sales going on you will be surprised at how much you will be able to buy.

Congrats....
                  You are so right about that. I have two teenage daughters who understand that we have to be "frugal" right now and know it will not be an "all out" Christmas like we foolishly did in the past. But I think it will make them appreciate what they receive all the more.

Comment

Originally posted by ConnieS View Post
                    You are so right about that. I have two teenage daughters who understand that we have to be "frugal" right now and know it will not be an "all out" Christmas like we foolishly did in the past. But I think it will make them appreciate what they receive all the more.
                    Very wise words, Mom Connie!

Last Christmas was a horrible holiday for us - phone ringing off the hook with multiple creditors harassing us, we were flat broke, couldn't afford presents, I was recovering from a broken ankle, our beloved cat was ill and we had no money for the vet....I cried every day. We couldn't afford to go to the local Christmas tree farm to get even a small tree - something that was a treasured family tradition of ours for 25 years since our kids were born. On Christmas Eve my early 20s daughter brought home a nice artificial tree that her work put on super-sale since they were thinning down before the holiday. We decorated that tree together as a family just like previous years and I felt like I had received the best Christmas gift ever because that tree was a gift straight from her heart. I finally understood that it wasn't going to the tree farm that made our family happy - it was treasuring together what we did have that mattered. We have a new family Christmas tradition now...her wonderful from-the-heart tree is up and shining its love all over again this Christmas!
                    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                      On Christmas Eve my early 20s daughter brought home a nice artificial tree that her work put on super-sale since they were thinning down before the holiday. We decorated that tree together as a family just like previous years and I felt like I had received the best Christmas gift ever because that tree was a gift straight from her heart.
                      Awww, lrpn, what a beautiful thing, you are truly blessed.

Connie--WOOHOO!!! You did it. Happy holidays to you debt free-it's a great feeling isn't it? I did my christmas shopping with cash this year and while I might not give "as much" as I used to, I have been putting more thought into the one special gift than spending tons on multiple gifts that really have no meaning other than they want it.
                      Filed: 08/09/06
                      341: 09/18/06
                      Discharged: 11/22/06
                      Closed 11/30/06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X