Debt Management Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt Management Programs

Has anyone used any debt management programs with any success? Can any specific one be recommended?
    Thanks!

Our lawyer had us to use Hummingbird credit counseling. It was around 45.00 but it was so easy! We never had to speck with anyone at all....in fact, we just watched the video for our post bk counseling last nite. It was very boring and very long and really wasn't anything in there I didn't know, but was very easy. We just had to write down 5 words that showed up in the video to prove that we had watched it then fill out a short questionaire.
    9/28/06: Filed Chapter 7
    10/25/06: 341 meeting Done!
    12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?
    1/12/07: Discharged & closed!!

Comment

oops...so sorry I misunderstood your question when replying
      Just forget about my first answer and heres one that might help lol.
      We used Habor Credit for 3 years before filing. They charged us something like 12.00 a month for adminstration fees. They are a debt free christian program and were great help, until we just couldn't keep making those huge payments every month. We had to end up paying about the same as we had before going with them, the only thing that changed was the interest rates were lower and the late charges stopped so our huge credit card payment was the same. Finally after not being able to pay every month, our creditors started dropping us from the program like hot cakes. If you were like to check them out go to www.haborcredit.com
      9/28/06: Filed Chapter 7
      10/25/06: 341 meeting Done!
      12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?
      1/12/07: Discharged & closed!!

Comment

Thank you, I will check them out.

Comment

Bk is SAFER

Ive attempted one of those debt mgmt programs .. after comparing filing Bk to those programs .. Bk was the way to go (after all you have to go through one approved by the courts to begin with ! and the fee is only $50 bucks, nothing more nothing less) i was almost ripped off $4000 grand on one of those "outside," DMPs .. do your homework ! Bk paves the way !

Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X