Communication with your Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication with your Attorney

Does anyone ever have trouble communicating with your Attorney?
    Does it sometimes take a few days?

I have a really good attorney, the only problem is I can't seem to get a hold of him. He has not responded to my email(s) I sent him and has not returned my voicemail.

"We," (my Attorney and I) have to modify a new schedule and payment plan to the Trustee within 20 days to confirm a plan or my case gets dismissed (surely my attorney will not let that happen!). So after I went to court last Wed (9/27) I sent him an email the next day informing him I raised my taxes where I'm deducting additional taxes on top of what they have to take out of my pay stubs and I had raised my 401k deductions.
    I also want to know from him how long the process will be if I decide to go ahead and quit one job so I can change my 13 to a 7.
    Does anyone have an opinion on this: I could stay in chapter 13 for about 6 months (I've already paid $250 into the plan for the past 3 months), so I plan to pay just several more, that way the creditors/trustee get something and it shows I made an effort, than I think I'll quit one job so I'll fall below the median (at my lawyers suggestion), and re-file for Chapter 7. The judge said I'm not forced to work TWO jobs. So I don't think the trustee will have any objections if my income level just suddenly dropped and I've paid a small chunk into the plan. What do you guys/gals think?

Catchmeifyoucan
    Last edited by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN; 10-05-2006, 07:42 AM.
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X