X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Proof Of Claim

Hello Everyone,

Do most creditors file proof of claim?

I’m praying so hard that not all my creditors will file a proof of claim.

I closed your other thread. Duplicate threads dilute responses.

This response is related to Chapter 13s only. (Chapter 7s are very different in this regard since most are no-asset and no creditor would file a claim in a no-asset case.)

Whether or not creditors file a proof of claim--in a Chapter 13--is very fact specific. Generally speaking, they all file claims. Some debtors are lucky that some creditors apparently fail to file. Most creditors actually sell the debt to Junk Debt Buyers (JDBs). Some familiar names are B-Real, LVNV Funding, Roundup Funding, Resurgent Capital, and eCast Settlement.​ When it is sold, the JDBs have automated systems that file all the time. The JDBs hardly ever miss a claims filing in a Chapter 13.

I had 40 creditors in my Chapter 13. All but two filed.

See my post from a few months ago...

I'm curious to find out from Chap 13 bk'ers about the percentage of your creditors who showed up for your BK Settlement. If you could name which creditors didn't make a claim, I would really appreciate it. If your total unsecured debt was this much, how much of it was placed into the settlement? Thanks in advance.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Not all filed for my Chapter 13 bankruptcy, but I do not know which ones or the exact amount. But it was enough to help my plan end several months early (100% pay back)
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X