top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone know about Navy Credit union?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Does Anyone know about Navy Credit union?

I don't have an account, but I wondered. (I heard PedFed waits 2 years before considering you.) I did not burn either of them; I am looking for low interest rates if I need to go into revolving for a month or so. My Dad is an honorably discharged Navy guy, so I think I qualify for an account. Thanks so much!

I opened my PenFed account a year after my discharge, I have heard many folks were able to open accounts at NFCU immediately after a discharge, assuming they didn't burn them. That said, it may be a while before PenFed would allow you to have a credit card, and as for NFCU, they will probably grant you a secured credit card within a month or two of joining.
    Chapter 13 (not 100%):
    • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
    • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
    • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
    • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
    • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
    • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
    • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

Wow. How kind of you to give me this information. I am new on here and really appreciate it! I need to find my father's honorable discharge. I think it's called a D-224 form or something like that. I saw it within the last month, but someone came over and cleaned my apartment, and I am still looking for this paper, among others! At the time I saw this, I thought, gee, I should really scan this one-page form in, but I got distracted. Do you think the secured card would become unsecured in 6 months or so if I was lucky? I already have 3 unsecured cards with very low limits (3K, 1.5K, and 1K), but I guess the goal is to charge something every month and pay it in full, and after a year or two, maybe be able to get back into travel cards. The problem is I burned so many bridges (Chase, Amex, Citi, Barclays-almost all the good travel cards.). Anyways, I appreciate the feedback. Have a great night.

Comment

The form you're looking for is commonly referred to as a "DD-214"; I believe on the actual form it is labeled on the lower left as "DD FORM 214".

As for what will happen when you get NFCU's nRewards secured card; most folks seem to graduate within a year to an unsecured card (don't remember which), and once the graduation happens, they are well known to be very generous with credit limits. With this said, I took a rather different approach; I waited until my bankruptcy fell off my reports and then opened up an account, then added a small direct deposit, then a small CD, and after four months, I applied for their More Rewards; I was stunned when my starting limit was $30,000.
        Chapter 13 (not 100%):
        • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
        • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
        • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
        • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
        • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
        • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
        • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
          The form you're looking for is commonly referred to as a "DD-214"; I believe on the actual form it is labeled on the lower left as "DD FORM 214".

As for what will happen when you get NFCU's nRewards secured card; most folks seem to graduate within a year to an unsecured card (don't remember which), and once the graduation happens, they are well known to be very generous with credit limits. With this said, I took a rather different approach; I waited until my bankruptcy fell off my reports and then opened up an account, then added a small direct deposit, then a small CD, and after four months, I applied for their More Rewards; I was stunned when my starting limit was $30,000.
          Thank you for the information. I just saw it the other day; I know it's here. I said to myself I should scan it in, but I didn't. You are very kind to be sharing your experience, thank you very much!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X