Another expense question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another expense question

I already asked this but did not get a clear answer. what would be a reasonable amount for entertainment monthly expenses? All the charts I am directed to says $171 for miscellaneous. Is that the same thing?

There is no way anyone can tell you. We can guess. I would use the value that you spend on it today and then rethink what the Trustee may allow. My Trustee in Florida allowed $50 per person in the home for "enertainment." The Miscellaneous you are seeing is probably a Means Testing amount under the Food, Clothing, and Other allowance.

Some Trustees may allow up to $100 per person for entertainment. Some may only allow $50 per person. Others may have something in between.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I probably won’t have a trustee giving I don’t have any assets. I don’t own any property. My furniture is 30 years old and worthless and broken and now I have is a 10-year-old damaged car nothing is worth anything. My reason for my question is, I don’t want to underestimate things or overestimate something that would cause a problem in court

Comment

You will have a trustee. Everyone gets a Trustee in a Chapter 7. The Trustee is responsible for managing the case and ensuring that you have completely the forms correctly and to determine if you have assets.

If you are under-the-median then the numbers you choose are not likely to be problematic. Schedule J should represent your current (forward looking) expenses. Again, with an under-the-median case it is usually not a problem because your Schedule J (and Means Test) would likely show little to no disposable monthly income (DMI).

Because it is district specific, I can't provide a number. Use your best judgment.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am doing a chapter 13.

Comment

You will definitely have a Chapter 13 Standing Trustee. Your attorney will figure out your payment and help guide you through your expenses.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X