Basic question on expences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic question on expences

I am nervous on over estimating expenses and getting case rejected or underestimating and being in dire needs later. I live in kansas city Missouri and what is your opinion on an acceptable dollar amount for car maintenance( old car 2013 Kia rio), and entertainment expenses/other and groceries. Also This is my first post so please be kind.

There is already an "ownership allowance" as part of the United States Trustee (UST) Means Testing. Whether that fits for your vehicle is fact dependent. Midwest region is $239/month for a single vehicle.

Most people would try to get a new vehicle and get rid of their current vehicle. I assume that you do not have a loan on this vehicle and it is owned free and clear.

You can also get other expense allowances using this sames means testing guidelines. Those would be based on your household size. There are some nuances, and it's best to get a guidebook to help you. A popular guidebook is How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. You may also check to see if your local bankruptcy court, or local Legal Aide, has a pro bono and/or pro se clinic to help guide you.

UST Means Testing: https://www.justice.gov/ust/means-testing
    US Bankruptcy Court (WD Missouri): https://www.mow.uscourts.gov/bankruptcy/debtors
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

ya new car not an option. my credit is already tanked

Comment

You may be able to do a 722 Redemption and get a new car. But that is complex to do as a Pro Se debtor. I don't know if it will work for you. The rates are very high.

722 Redemption. Redeem or Replace! In a Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy, you have rights! Replace your car today, with late model, low mileage vehicle! Apply Today!

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X