Chap 7 co-owner of car but not co-borrower on loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 7 co-owner of car but not co-borrower on loan

A while ago when I went to purchase my jeep I couldn't get a loan so my mom went to her bank and they gave her a loan for like 6k that is in her name only. But the car is in both of our names. I am primary owner. How do I explain this on my bankruptcy forms?

Did your mom's lender place a lien on the title to the vehicle?

Who has been paying your mom's loan?

If both or your names are on title then, I would presume you have a 50% interest in the vehicle and would indicate that it is co-owned. However, if you and only you have been paying for the vehicle (please answer the above questions as this could get complicated) then you probably have a 50% "legal interest" but a 100% "equitable interest" in the vehicle.

Des.

Comment

Yes there is a lein on the vehicle by the bank that did the loan and my mom pays the bill

Comment

Originally posted by Aswitzer View Post
        Yes there is a lein on the vehicle by the bank that did the loan and my mom pays the bill
        Good answer. You have a 1/2 interest in a co-owned vehicle.

Please discuss this with a local attorney as he/she will know how to "list" this in your District.

Des.

Comment

Okay thank for the info, ill be doing this pro se. I think I'll leave it the way I have it on my forms now and should be okay.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X