Maybe our own posting see how the bank likes that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe our own posting see how the bank likes that

My wife and I were talking last night about posting a sign in our front window and maybe even the local paper and legal news. Something along the lines of this.

Public Notice
    Our Home is going through Foreclosure
    Bank of America will NOT give us a reasonable home modification.
    This house has the following defects,

Cracked foundation, water leaks in numerous areas in basement and basement wall has huge cracks and will be very expensive to fix and entire cement patio will also need to be removed and replaced as well.

Garage the foundation is sinking and floods every time it rains. All wood in garage is rotting, its in very bad shape.

Blacktop driveway is in very poor condition and will require complete costly repaving.

Home has one very small bathroom and everything leaks. The bathtub leaks so bad water pours into basement with every shower use. Entire bath fixtures including tub, shower, and toilet have serious problems and need to be replaced. Entire new bath is a MUST do to mold found in flooring, behind bathroom walls, and in basement.

Windows are original from the 1970s, never replaced or updated. Home is extremely drafty, there is barley any insulation, and is not energy efficient by any means.

Bedrooms are very small, cramped, and uncomfortable.

Entire kitchen including, flooring, walls, cabinets, countertops, and plumbing are original 1970s no updates have ever been made, all appliances are very old and need to be replaced, some barley work.

All carpet and walls in home are dirty, stained, in poor condition, and we have numerous animals and are heavy smokers.

Entire sidewalk and driveway approach was just replaced by city, this will be billed to the new owner and a new unbelievably high property tax assessment will be done.

All fencing is in poor condition and all wood post are rotting at base.

There are NO updates in this home, the entire property is unkept by a lazy home owner who doesn’t care anymore.

Every fixture, all appliances, all plumbing including cooper, electrical outlets, switches, ceiling lights, doors, railings, furnace, air conditioner and anything of any value will be removed by owner before foreclosure and within the law.

All plants, bushes, grass, or any outside decoration including mailbox, door knockers, door bells, handles, and lighting will be removed within the law.

The home be left as is and in a state of disrepair due to our lack of concern when removing any and all but not limited to the items listed above within the law.

Thank you.
    Last edited by subking; 05-09-2012, 01:51 PM.
    Filed Chapter 7 10-2008
    341 Meeting 12-2008
    DISCHARGED 2-2009

Yeah, I have heard of people (and saw them on TV) that go to the local news station to get the word out on a big bank that did them wrong. Funny story with us, we are just getting ready to catchup our HOA fees (post filing) and have talked with the HOA manager. When we told him what we could do each month for a payment he went off on how they will have to start foreclosure if we did not pay the entire amount owed. When he stopped his rant I calmly said to him "great, then you will be starting the paperwork immediately?" Silence, he was speechless then said "you really do not want us to do that" to which I replied "oh yes we do, please!" He said he has to talk to the board then contact BOA to see where they are in the foreclosure and to see if they want to pay it to catch up so no lien will be filed. Who knows we may end paying in the long run but this conversation was so worth it becasue he was honestly stunned by our response.

So who knows, maybe your sign will work !

Comment

Personally, I would be very careful of stating my intent (particularly in writing) to remove plumbing, wiring, furnace and other fixtures from your home as this may be considered vandalism by the insurance company who has a claim sent to them for the damages (likely your current homeowner's insurance company). Many people take pricey fans, chandeliers, etc. and replace them with contractor grade items - this is said to be okay to do.

Your fridge, washer, dryer and free-standing stove can be removed since they are considered personal property and not a permanent fixture. I would also take pictures of the way you leave your home as proof that any damages your mortgage company finds during a move-out inspection were not caused by you - just in case your former home is broken into prior to the bank/new owner inspecting and securing it.

Please make sure to get legal counsel prior to removing anything that isn't your personal property. Better safe than sorry and sued.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
        Personally, I would be very careful of stating my intent (particularly in writing) to remove plumbing, wiring, furnace and other fixtures from your home as this may be considered vandalism by the insurance company who has a claim sent to them for the damages (likely your current homeowner's insurance company). Many people take pricey fans, chandeliers, etc. and replace them with contractor grade items - this is said to be okay to do.

Your fridge, washer, dryer and free-standing stove can be removed since they are considered personal property and not a permanent fixture. I would also take pictures of the way you leave your home as proof that any damages your mortgage company finds during a move-out inspection were not caused by you - just in case your former home is broken into prior to the bank/new owner inspecting and securing it.

Please make sure to get legal counsel prior to removing anything that isn't your personal property. Better safe than sorry and sued.
        i'm with Valle, better safe than so sorry. PUT NOTHING IN WRITING...nothing. even if it is correct morally, it may not be legally. you do not need another law suit.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Guys this was meant to be funny. Were not posting signs or taking out paper ads and of course we not gonna take things that are attached to the house.

I was trying to show the house isn't worth forclosing on.
          Filed Chapter 7 10-2008
          341 Meeting 12-2008
          DISCHARGED 2-2009

Comment

Okay.
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
              Okay.
              okay!!!! just worried a bit or a but there as my type keeps trying to type..
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

valle GRMTA!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Were mad at them yes but were not stupid. We are not the type to do dumb things.
                  Filed Chapter 7 10-2008
                  341 Meeting 12-2008
                  DISCHARGED 2-2009

Comment

Originally posted by subking View Post
                    Were mad at them yes but were not stupid. We are not the type to do dumb things.

i didn't think so at all. it's just they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO terrible!!!!! and it is funny taken in context we just worried for you that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by subking View Post
                      Actually, I'd love to hear that you actually posted something like that in your yard, without the last 3 paragraphs, of course. An add in the newsaper would be great too, but probably prohibitively expensive. As long as everything you say about the condition of the home is true, I doubt there is anything anyone could do about it.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                        Actually, I'd love to hear that you actually posted something like that in your yard, without the last 3 paragraphs, of course. An add in the newsaper would be great too, but probably prohibitively expensive. As long as everything you say about the condition of the home is true, I doubt there is anything anyone could do about it.
                        I'd be concerned that such a posting in your yard would get the attention of a local code enforcement officer, and could get your home condemned...
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                          I'd be concerned that such a posting in your yard would get the attention of a local code enforcement officer, and could get your home condemned...
                          me too...as well as liable charges. one doesn't need another possible law suit!

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                            me too...as well as liable charges. one doesn't need another possible law suit!
                            Not to mention that the insurance company could decide to drop the homeowners coverage until corrective actions are taken.
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                              Not to mention that the insurance company could decide to drop the homeowners coverage until corrective actions are taken.
                              got that! and i'm certain we can think of at least another dozen nightmare scenarios!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X