Do I still own this house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I still own this house?

So my chapter 7 closed three weeks ago. The mortgage was discharged. I have yet to receive a notice of trustee sale.

Since I am still on the deed am I still the owner of the home.

Appreciate any input!

You are the owner until your name is removed from the title.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
      You are the owner until your name is removed from the title.
      That is a fact. Now is the Trustee selling it for your creditors? If so, it is unusual that your discharge was also closed. We being an asset case was not closed until all was distributed.

Is the house clear in Deed, or does it have a mortgage? If clear, you may have escaped. Please keep us posted. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

My case was a no asset. I know for a fact the debt is discharged. When I said I have not received a notice of trustee sale I was not referring to the BK trustee. I was referring to the trustee notice from the appointed trustee of my mortgage. Does this make a morsel of sense!?

Comment

Originally posted by gohornsgo View Post
          My case was a no asset. I know for a fact the debt is discharged. When I said I have not received a notice of trustee sale I was not referring to the BK trustee. I was referring to the trustee notice from the appointed trustee of my mortgage. Does this make a morsel of sense!?
          Yes it does. They will get around to you soon enough. Live free in it while you can and please do keep it insured. You are doing them a favor protecting it now. They have many houses to repo in these times. In the mean time, save your money and look for a bargain house 'contract for Deed', or save for your rental deposit. I think you are doing well. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by gohornsgo View Post

Where are you? In the very hard hit states where you have to obtain a judicial foreclosure (like Fl), to even schedule a hearing to schedule the sale date is taking a loooonnnnggg time. So far my discharge was Jan 2009 and the hearing date has not been scheduled yet. Use the time to build your reserves.

Yes, you still own the house.
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

If it was discharged and not reaffirmed and your intent is to leave, then leave your not liable the debt was discharged. Its the bank house mail them the keys and say goodbye let them worry bout the insurance your not liable!
              Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

AngelinaCatHub, what does:
                "look for a bargain house 'contract for Deed" mean, and how do you look for one? (I'm assuming it's some type of owner financing?)
                Thanks!

Comment

Ok, I have a question regarding this. We filed Ch 7. We didn't reaffirm our mortgage with Chase. We have not received an NOD. But, our mortgage shows Balance $0 on our credit report. We are moving out of state because my husband finally found a good job after looking for 9 months. What do I do? Call Chase and ask where to mail the keys? I am trying to be civil and leave the house in perfect order, but I am so irritated that every time I call, I get a different answer. Advice?
                  Filed CH 7 10/14/09
                  341 11/18/09 DONE!
                  Discharged 1/19/10!

Comment

It's normal for the big banks to stop reporting a balance for any debts owed once you're in bankruptcy (it can be considered collection activity). It doesn't affect the legal proceedings in any way.
                    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X