Trustee Sale AZ, timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee Sale AZ, timeline

My house is going to be sold in 3 days, I'm in S. AZ. (Ch. 7 pro se) didn't stop it... How long do I have left to stay? The day of the sale, can the new owner come in the house/backyard? Will the sherrif show up on sale day?

I have made arrangements to move but need to know these answers, paralegal is vague-tells me to contact attorney--but I'm broke.

I am doing this all alone

Thank you!

Originally posted by pbwinner View Post
    My house is going to be sold in 3 days, I'm in S. AZ. (Ch. 7 pro se) didn't stop it...
    When did you file your Ch 7? when did you have your 341? Was your filing dismissed by your trustee?

How long do I have left to stay? The day of the sale, can the new owner come in the house/backyard? Will the sherrif show up on sale day?
    Since the house is going to be sold in 3 days, technically you have 3 days to stay. However, it really depends on who buys the house. Some purchasers want to take possession immediately. However, if the bank buys the house back, it's possible to make arrangements with the bank to stay in the home like a renter until they put it on the market again.

Do you want to stay in the house if you could? Or would you rather just move on and make a fresh start?

...paralegal is vague-tells me to contact attorney--but I'm broke. I am doing this all alone
    Did you pay your lawyer in full before you filed? Why did you end up filing on your own without your lawyer?

If you can share more information about your situation, we'll be able to help you sort things out better. (Although at this point with an imminent sale in a few days, there's not much of anything to be done )
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

My 341 was late Jan., I'm in the 60 day club. I couldn't afford an attorney, filed pro se, and yes I'd like to make a fresh start. I read stories where the locks were changed the same day of sale. Was hoping someone would share their experience.

I will be calling the trustees sale info line tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Just out of curiosity how long agho did you stop paying before you got the Notice of Trustee's sale ?

Comment

I stopped paying in August, the 1st notice of Sale of Trustee was after xmas 09.

I called the Trustees sales dept and the auction was just postponed for 2 more weeks. I have to be out the day of sale or the eviction process begins.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X