Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answer or Appear for Summons?

Hi everyone,

We live in Illinois and filed Ch. 7 earlier this year and were discharged in May. The mortgage was never reaffirmed and we stopped paying both the first and the second in May(I lost my job right after our 341). We tried a mod and were denied. We are now preparing to move and get on with our lives. We just received a Summons to file an answer or appearance in the Foreclosure or judgement by default may be taken. We don't want to save the property and just want to move on. Is there any reason to go to the Clerk's Office? I'd rather accelerate the process than slow it down. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Michael
    Filed Chapter 7 - 2/13/09
    341 Meeting - 3/23/09
    Discharged - 5/26/09

No reason for you to answer the summons,show up in court,or even lift a finger. Just ignore it,let them get the judgment,and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by wingedwheel View Post
      No reason for you to answer the summons,show up in court,or even lift a finger. Just ignore it,let them get the judgment,and move on.
      This is true. You intimated you have already vacated, true? Then it is a done deal. If you do respond, only more paperwork for the mortgage, the Courts, and time of yours. Just go on with your 'new start'. GBWY 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thank you both.
        Filed Chapter 7 - 2/13/09
        341 Meeting - 3/23/09
        Discharged - 5/26/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X