top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do I get the first notice posted on my door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do I get the first notice posted on my door?

Hi everyone. First let me say what an amazing thing it was to find this forum. It makes a hard time a little easier, with everyone being there to support each other and share information. I have just realized the time has come when I cannot pay my Jan 2009 mortgage payment. I had hoped it wouldn't come to this, like we all hoped, but it has.

I understand what is happening, and I can and will deal with it. But my biggest fear is that my children cannot. I don't want them to come home one day after school to a Lis pendens notice on the door, or a notice to vacate.
    I obviously want to stay in my home as long as possible for financial reasons, but I want to move before any notices disrupt my children lives and sense of well being, since we are probably going to have to move anyway. (They are preteens, they will figure it out)

Can anyone offer me insight on a timeline to expect before I will be posted with legal notices I can't control? Like I said, this month (Jan 2009) is my first missed payment, I am trying to work out something with the lender, and I live in Florida. Sarasota to be specific. I jst don't know what to expect, and I am trying to maintain as much control and responsibility over my family as I can in this situation. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, it's scary and i can only offer my support as I'm going through the same here in California. I can tell you that you will have ample warning before you HAVE to move, I haven't made a payment going on 6 months and not even a NOD yet!
    I'm sure others on this forum will give you a lot more advice and support, hang in there, you'll be OK!

Comment

The earliest you will see it is 90 days after your first missed mortgage payment. But more likely 4-5 months.

Practically speaking, I think you need to take the opportunity to not shield your child from this, but involve them. After all, it affects them, and they will, subconsciously, know something is wrong. If your child does not understand, educate them.

Comment

It is a long time before anything like that would happen, I am not even sure it would, as long as you are in touch with the lender.

Please go see an attorney or credit counseling center. You will then better understand your responsibilities and situation and what you can expect from lenders.
        Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
        341 Meeting 01/05/2009
        Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

I moved out of my house after I missed two payments. I found a nice rental home for $1300 less then my mortage. It's been 6 months and I think is going to take another 3 months to foreclosed. I have two kids and did not want to have any stress.

Comment

I am south of you in Charlotte County

and my lender has not yet filed anything against me, but I keep checking the county records (charlottefl.com) and so far so good. I have not been able to make a payment since August 2008.

I did come home to a small slip of paper that said an independent field inspector came by, probably to take pictures or something.

I have been asking for a loan modification since Aug. I have worked with HopeNow, but nothing has been done.

I think you have some time. Save your money, don't panic and run. I am single with 3 kids at home. It is scary, but I am trying to stay in my home for as long as possible.

Good Luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X