top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBB to value cars?? what if the car condition isnt listed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBB to value cars?? what if the car condition isnt listed?

do I use KBB to get the values of the vehicles? use private party or??

also, 2 of our vehicles are in poor condition, it doesnt give a value for that. What do I put/print? Thanks

Each local court decides which official source they will use to value cars. You'll have to find out which source your local court's trustees use. If you are filing with a lawyer, your lawyer will know.

Which condition value estimate is used is also local court-dependent. There's no consistency across the country.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

thanks, I'll have to ask, she just has it listed to print out a copy of values on vehicles.

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
      Each local court decides which official source they will use to value cars. You'll have to find out which source your local court's trustees use. If you are filing with a lawyer, your lawyer will know.

Which condition value estimate is used is also local court-dependent. There's no consistency across the country.

Comment

If your vehicles are in very poor shape, you might consider hiring an independent appraiser to get the value of your vehicle. OR get an estimate for 'repair' to bring your vehicle to good condition. Check with your attorney.

Of course, if the KBB values are less than your exemptions you don't have to do any of this since the vehicle is exempted.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

all cars are in hubbys name. So it will be close to get them exempted. She said to put one in my name to get the extra exemption. I thought that wasnt allowed but she says it is from spouse to spouse.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X