Crap 1 will try anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap 1 will try anything

My son stopped paying the $500 balance on his Crap 1 card about 6 months ago because he's unemployed. They just send him a past due bill each month, and Hot Linda does not call since he changed his Ph # after he received his card a few years ago, so they have no way to reach him. So yesterday he receives a $50 Crap 1 gift card in the mail with the instructions to call the # listed and they will activate it for him.

What a sneaky way to get a person to cantact them.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
    My son stopped paying the $500 balance on his Crap 1 card about 6 months ago because he's unemployed. They just send him a past due bill each month, and Hot Linda does not call since he changed his Ph # after he received his card a few years ago, so they have no way to reach him. So yesterday he receives a $50 Crap 1 gift card in the mail with the instructions to call the # listed and they will activate it for him.

What a sneaky way to get a person to cantact them.
    Oh my, really?
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

wow.. I would call and then tell them is the wrong.. person.. no... I don't live at the address you just gave me.. lol

Comment

yes, they did that to me also, i kept ignoring their calls, and finally they sent me the visa gift card...at first i was hesitant to call, but finally did, i gave them a sob story...and they said they understood..and would not call for a couple of weeks... no hassles or any pressure from them...they activated it with no problems..... i just used it..i wish they would all do that..so it DOES pay to ignore them.....

Comment

Be sure to call them from the pay phone...preferably from jail, or rehab, so when they call back, they'll get somebody with time on their hands to talk.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I just got my first message from Sexy Linda. She says she wants to offer me "something special" from Capital One. I feel soooooo special!!!!!
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Ha! They sent me a small yellow post card in the mail saying I the winning entry for their sweepstakes, which was suspicious to me, since I had not entered any sweepstakes or any contest. So I called the number from a pay phone and someone answered asking for my name and address and s.s. number, etc. I later Googled their phone number and found out it was CRAP1.

Sneaky, sneaky bastards. Now they have the pay phone number of the Safeway down the street from me. I wonder if they call it and end up getting homeless people answering the phone?
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I too got one of those cap 1 gift cards. I had called the number from my cell and when I heard they needed all kinds of personal info to activate it, I hung up. I never got any call backs and never had to change my number.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X