Strange Letter From GE Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Letter From GE Money

Today I got a strange letter from GE Money Bank today. I have yet to file for bankruptcy and this letter was asking for my case number and when my 341 meeting was scheduled and ti also asked for the name and number of my attorney. Like I stated I have yet to file and I have not talked with anyone over the phone saying what my intentions are. Can anyone please give me some input here? I am wondering if they are planning to object to my filing if they get information that I plan to do so. Thanks for any input anyone can give!
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

yes
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

So what actually happens if they object? I guess I'm asking if they object does that mean that the bankruptcy will be "delayed" and if so what is most likely going to happen to my case? I knew this would hit a bumpy road.

Comment

My parents got one of those last week-- GE Moneyback (Best Buy). They're paying on the attorney, but haven't filed yet-- he is taking the calls though. He told them it might be bait to see if you are or have filed. Basically, see if they've go time or an opening to make a grab for anything.

Comment

At this point I would just ignore the letter. Just remember any and all communication can eventually be used against you so give them no extra ammo.

Comment

Thanks for replying. Broke, you say your parents' got the same letter from GE through Best Buy. Mine was from GE through Sam's Club. Interesting. Well, I will make sure that I give that letter to my attorney as soon we go forward. Just wondering how many more of these letters from GE I will get? Oh well, thanks again everyone for replying!

Comment

Yeah, I would ignore it. When you file, they'll get notified along with your other creditors. The only creditor I ever told about my impending BK was Discover. And that was only because they were threatening to file a lawsuit if I didn't pay the balance in full by a certain date. So my atty advised me to notify them to hopefully prevent that from happening. It worked. I told them I was filing 5 months ago and actually filed 1 week ago. Didn't hear a word out of Discover in those 5 months.
              Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
              341 meeting - 4/2010
              Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Comment

You're under no obligation to respond ... it's all public record, they can look it up in Pacer if they're really interested.

If they "don't know" that you've filed? They're morons and shouldn't be lending money to people.

They've probably slotted your account into some kind of bankruptcy-is-expected workflow. Sending the letter as a form of collections while not really being a form of collections, to avoid getting on the wrong side of a BK judge.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X