BOA blows!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOA blows!!

So...I'm on the phone with BOA. I've been reading alot on this forum and I learned about cross-collaterization here...hence I moved all my funds to a credit union.

I still have a joint account with my Mother....last week they debited $360 from our personal account for a Biz account I had that's now closed. I'm so blown...just venting...I knew it could happen but I thought they'd get me b/c of the personal b4 the biz...kinda thought I had a lil more time, I guess...lol

They call the sh*t outta me, but when I'm calling trying to see what I can do about possibly getting my mother's money(dreaming, I know) back. I keep getting put on hold and transferred. O well...We need to open a joint account elsewhere!

Sorry -- Just needed to vent...can't talk to friends or family about my situation.

If your name is on the account it's fair game for cross-collateralization. Joint, business, personal, it makes no difference. Only if you were the trustee for your mother's account would her funds have been protected. An account for only your mother's social security deposit for example, where you would be her Representative Payee, should be untouchable.
    Last edited by WhatMoney; 02-22-2010, 11:44 PM.
    “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It's strange how the banks operate. My wife and I had 2 credit card accounts, checking, and savings with B of A. After I lost my job in July 2009 we quit paying the credit card accounts. Bank of America never touched our checking or savings. It was only after I found this website and hired our Bk attorney did I learn that they could take the funds in our checking and savings.

The more I learn about banks and mortgage lenders the less I understand exactly how they make any money...
      I am not an attorney and my advice is generally worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish View Post
        It's strange how the banks operate. My wife and I had 2 credit card accounts, checking, and savings with B of A. After I lost my job in July 2009 we quit paying the credit card accounts. Bank of America never touched our checking or savings. It was only after I found this website and hired our Bk attorney did I learn that they could take the funds in our checking and savings.

The more I learn about banks and mortgage lenders the less I understand exactly how they make any money...
        I was told by a rep that they only offset business accounts...not personal. Sounds dumb...o well, f 'em.

Comment

O well...We need to open a joint account elsewhere!

Don't involve others in your financial problems.
          If a creditor sues you and wins, that new account is fair game. Keep Mom out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
            O well...We need to open a joint account elsewhere!

Don't involve others in your financial problems.
            If a creditor sues you and wins, that new account is fair game. Keep Mom out of this.

Moms in no better position, she's got 2 Invest props foreclosing b4 my Invest Prop does next month...but neither of us are worried, we just make sure we take care of primary's. I just don't want her to know about the ch 7 I want to file...I dont know why...even though both our credit files are shot due to bad investments.

I was so damn embarassed b/c we were on the phone and she asked me about a credit card payment, so I said let me check BOA and see if it's gone thru...and there it was...account sitting in the negative for over a week!! I know that lady knows something's up...freaking amex and I think NCO is there CA keeps wrting me at her address in a whole other state! Can I send them something telling them to only contact me at the phone number and address I provide to them??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X