Skaar and Feagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skaar and Feagle

I have not paid my credit cards since Sept. 09. I just received a letter from Skaar and Feagle LLP.
    It states court records show that a debt collection case was filed against you recently. I am not a bankruptcy lawyer . My office defends people like you against dept collection actions. Please give our office a call.

Re : Chase Bank vs Me case # xx-aa-xxx

This letter came regular mail , not certified. How do I find any information about this case number they mentioned ? If I am being sued will I receive something from the sheriff ?

Does this sound like something filed at the court house
    I plan on filiing chapter 7 soon . Any help appreciated.

Look on your court's website. Most have a "plug your name in" section. You can also see who sues the most by filling in the plaintiff section.

(For the record, Chase has filed about 75 percent of the suits in my court's docket. They are more sue-happy than any other bank in my local system.)
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Those lawyers are very fast. Its not uncommon to get something from them before you are offically served.

Like was mentioned, try and look up the case, you will probably be served in the next couple of days.
      Filed CH13 - 06/2009
      Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Did Chase ever offer a settlement?

Comment

No settlement offered, Looked at the county website and found nothing with my name associated with it.
          These lawyers do not represent Chase according to what I could fnd on the web. They do represent you against debt collectors though.

The case number they mentioned is not similar to ones on the county website.
          The ones on the website are like 10 digits longer. Could this just me Chase,s case number ?

Guess I should consult a lawyer soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PolishMan View Post
            No settlement offered, Looked at the county website and found nothing with my name associated with it.
            \The case number they mentioned is not similar to ones on the county website.
            The ones on the website are like 10 digits longer. Could this just me Chase,s case number ?
            You should search by your last name on the county website. Also search all the civil courts you could be sued in - sometimes the search only checks in one court like small claims or district. Maybe they sued you in another county.

The law firm wanting to defend your case must have found it somewhere in an online database they search daily. Case #'s are sometimes truncated when referring to them by attorneys. Could you call the law firm and ask them where the suit was filed?
            “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I have checked the county I live in , I cant find anything. I will keep looking .
              Dont they have to sue you in the county you live ??

I am also checking the next county over. I will call tomorrow also. Thanks for your help .

Comment

probably associated with Dewey, Fleecem and Howe

Comment

I just received two more letters from lawyers that say they can help me because they have noticed court records stating chase bank vs me , case # xx-xxx-xx.

I cant find anything against me in the county records in which I live, I have not received a summons .
                  Will it be coming soon ? I have an appointment with a lawyer next week.

Once I get the summons how long do I have to respond ? I dont want a judgement against me and not know anything about it.

Is that possible ??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X