Citicard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citicard

Well, I put a stop payment on what they told me the document number was going to be. They used a different one.

I have also notified my bank that they are not authorized to deduct anything from my account. My bank still allowed the ACH.

So now the fun (read with heavy sarcasm) begins. I am overdrawn on this account, initially by the mortgage amount. Well, today I am putting the amount for the mortgage in the account (they will only accept ACH payments because of the way I set the mortgage up and I don't want to give them my new account information as I am not reaffirming) and faxing them a letter letting them know that I am not covering this unauthorized deduction to my account. They know that I didn't authorize it as I also spoke with them over the phone about it. I am going to tell them that I will only put money in the account to cover the mortgage. And that is it. Anything else they want to cover is going to be paid by them.

I will have to call my attorney and let him know what happened but I shouldn't have to do this. It is wrong for a bank to be able to honor an ACH when the customer has made it clear that it is not authorized.

I would close the account out, but the bank won't do it without my new banking information for the mortgage that they hold.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X