Home Depot/Northland Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Depot/Northland Group

My wife and I are just over 60 days past due on her HD account (all our CC actually) and we received a settlement offer today from their collection agency Northland Group. The offer is for 40%. I don't have any experience with this type of thing, but does this seem a little quick?

I would say they might think you might not be going to pay them (bankruptcy) so they might be trying to get at the front of the line for some money.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Wow. I missed my first payment with HD at the end of September and all I get is voluminous calls from Citi about it. I did get a letter from them in October saying my account may be suspended if i didn't contact them. Nothing from CA yet...
      Stopped paying CC: September 2009 ; Retained attorney: 9/9/2009; Filed Chap 7: January 18, 2010; 341 Meeting: March 9, 2010; Discharged and Closed: April 29, 2010

Comment

I am still getting 6 calls a day from citi. At least i was a few days ago.

Comment

how much do you owe them?
          Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

Originally posted by jwmc1 View Post
            how much do you owe them?
            I little over 6K.

Comment

Originally posted by holycrap View Post
              I little over 6K.
              And I owe them about 7800. I wonder why I've heard nothing from a CA? Guess I shouldn't be complaining.
              Stopped paying CC: September 2009 ; Retained attorney: 9/9/2009; Filed Chap 7: January 18, 2010; 341 Meeting: March 9, 2010; Discharged and Closed: April 29, 2010

Comment

If you settle with them, you will be sabotaging your bk. Do not talk to them. It is called a preferential payment. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  If you settle with them, you will be sabotaging your bk. Do not talk to them. It is called a preferential payment. 'Hub
                  I sort of thought this was the case. I am still comitted to getting ready to file early next year. This just seemed like an opportunity to knock one off the list. I will stay the course.

Comment

ACHub, please explain to me why someone in this position should worry about a preferential payment? This becomes an issue between a trustee and the person/company receiving the payment. The trustee and the creditor/company can fight it out. It should not concern the debtor uless they are intending to conceal something. They can just list it on the appropriate forms and sit back and watch the trustee attempt to get it back. I don't think the trustee comes after the honest debtor. They might go after a creditor who received a preferential payment. Just my opinion.

Comment

I recieved a similar offer from Northland Group, and I am wondering if I should send them a DV letter?
                      Would this hold them off, I am trying to buy time until after the first of the year and hope that hubbies paychecks are lower so we do not have to file a 13.

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
                        ACHub, please explain to me why someone in this position should worry about a preferential payment? This becomes an issue between a trustee and the person/company receiving the payment. The trustee and the creditor/company can fight it out. It should not concern the debtor uless they are intending to conceal something. They can just list it on the appropriate forms and sit back and watch the trustee attempt to get it back. I don't think the trustee comes after the honest debtor. They might go after a creditor who received a preferential payment. Just my opinion.
                        I agree. I wouldn't worry about the preferential payment because this is an arms length transaction, however in my opinion, the money would be better spent preparing for your future.

Plenty of toilet tissue, toothpaste, and groceries to buy with that money!
                        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X