Portfolio Recovery & wifes old CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portfolio Recovery & wifes old CC

So my wife gets a collection notice from Portfolio Recovery Associates, asking for $350 on an old Wachovia account she screwed up on from back in 1999. She had herself sent Portfolio a letter last July indicating that she didn't even remember the account, and asking for them to provide her with information. It was there response that indicated it was the old Wachovia card. She was about to pay them, when I said "hell no!" It's past the SOL. I told her to send them another letter indicating that, and to request that they no longer contact her. Portfolio simply sent her a response back asking HER for her "reasons for dispute" and to fill out forms if she felt this was a case of stolen identity. Her letter indicated none of that. So, we ignored that letter.
    Now, months later, we get another letter from Portfolio saying that since she failed to respond to their previous request, the account will no longer be considered under dispute.
    Anyone have any insite in to these JDBs and how to get rid of them (short of paying them)?

Portfolio Recovery Associates is like the dog that will not go home.

These people chase cars down the steet just to see how many tires they can lash on to. They actually enjoy beng tumbled around till they can not hang on the tire any more.

These people are JDB (Junk Debt Buyers) and they will try every trick in the book to bring this debt back to life. If there is nothing on your credit report, I would not have talked to them. But then, that is past tense.

First, what State are you in?
    What State was your wife living in when she took out this loan?
    Have you moved from that State? and if so, when?
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Wife was and still is in Utah. Account was opened originally in 1998, with last activity to her knowledge in 1999. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Comment

Do you have any old credit reports that reflect this?

What about payment slip such as bank statement?
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I doubt they'll go to court for $350. Tell them to pound sand.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I ignored them and they went away.

But if let them know you are home, they can be nasty.

I had them calling me for somebody else's debt. They would not stop calling me. They also would not say who they were.

So one day I told them I googled their number and their name came up. Then I told them I googled their name and said it claimed about 30% of their employees are registered sexual offenders. I then asked if the person liked little girls or boys?

End of conversation and they haven't called since.

Comment

We do have old credit reports going back to 2002 that do not show the account at all. I guess for now we're just going to ignore them and see what they do next...if they do send another letter I guess we'll simply send "another" DV letter. They pretty well ignored the first one, though.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X