Capital One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital One

My wife and I both have a Capital One card with $1500 outstanding...both have just gone to collections. Has anyone had any experience with Capital One and how quickly they might file suit against us?
    Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

I stopped paying crap 1 last November. Was served with a summons last month. Never responded and has been three weeks since the 20 day response deadline. I changed my checking account with another bank three months ago, so they have my old one on file. Collection proof until I file next year.

Originally posted by jwmc1 View Post
    My wife and I both have a Capital One card with $1500 outstanding...both have just gone to collections. Has anyone had any experience with Capital One and how quickly they might file suit against us?

Comment

So about one year? That is what I figured...I just need to deal with the important expenses at this point.

Comment

Usually folks who get summons tend to freak out and answer/call the lawyer listed on the summons to beg for a payment plan and or settle. In my case, I couldn't care less and did not respond. I think they the lawyer was fishing for prey. Since I know my rights and have taken legal proactive steps it wasn't a big deal. You may want to change banks and spread your cash around like opening up a Wal-Mart Visa debit account as insurance.

So about one year? That is what I figured...I just need to deal with the important expenses at this point.

Comment

Betweem our 2 cards we owe $20k. You will get lots of daily calls from Hot Linda at first , Then they will send it to NCO (CA), then just DV them and it will go away for a while. i'm just passing 6 months PD no law suit yet
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I owe them about $4000, missed ONE single payment due maybe THREE WEEKS ago and they have already turned the debt over to collections; vs. Citi which I quit on a few months ago and they are still sending me the 'friendly' letters. The guys at Cap1 are QUICK!!

I hope an actual lawsuit doesn't show up soon, but it's astonishing how quickly it went to collections.
            Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

I am new here, what is DV?

Comment

I am new here, what is DV?
                Welcome to the forum! DV stands for debt validation.
                Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

ok

Comment

Owe about $15,000 to C1. Acounts have been to many CA's and collection attorney's firms. I DV'd them all. Sometimes C1 sent me months of copies of statements. So far, no suit from C1. I have not paid them for over 24 months. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

It's been 18 months since I paid Cap 1 and they haven't sued me yet. Perhaps they are aware that Discover already has a default judgement against me and my other Discover card has filed suit. Maybe they don't want to be third in line.

Comment

I've missed 1 payment with them so far, and haven't heard anything at all. Well, actually I have heard from them. I had 5 applications from them in the mail this morning. Imagine that....
                        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                          I've missed 1 payment with them so far, and haven't heard anything at all. Well, actually I have heard from them. I had 5 applications from them in the mail this morning. Imagine that....
                          Buckle up. Hot Linda will be calling soon
                          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                            Buckle up. Hot Linda will be calling soon
                            I just hope that she is as hot as your avatar!
                            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Shado, You may be correct. I also have several judgments on my credit report and a recent suit from CitB. In addition, I now have several collection accounts posting on my credit reports. None of the collection accounts in the past 8 months (or so) have been paid. Yep, my credit report looks like a real train wreckm but still holding at 520 - 540. LOL.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X