Exemption hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exemption hearing

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago concerning a writ of execution and just had the exemption hearing today. It could not have gone better.

Like I said before, I didn't care if they took either of my cars. I just wanted to make sure I protected my GF's property. I called several attorneys, and even spent $60 for a 15 minute office visit. I just wanted to make sure I had listed my exemptions correctly.

When I arrived at the court house, I was quite nervous. I hate not really knowing how something is going to go. Well, when I was called, the judge noted that there was no one present from the CA. He entered ALL my exemptions, including the two vehicles, and then informed me that the CA had contacted the sheriff's office to ask them to not continue trying to collect on the debt.

When this happens again, I will know not to spend much time worrying about it. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions in the other thread.

Glad you stood up for your rights. It's always good to hear real life stories, there is a tremendous amount of false information about being a debtor out there.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X