top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a call from a collection agency-it's been a long time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a call from a collection agency-it's been a long time!

I thought, "WTH? I would like to think all of my creditors had the BK info. by now" So I call back, give the woman my reference # and ask her who she is representing. Turns out it's Met-Ed, First Energy. I turned off the electric in the old house and received a final bill about 45 days ago. It was $108.98. Now it's not exactly in my budget to pay electric for two homes so I've been paying my current home in full, on time, and I've made two payments to the final bill for the old house. It now has a remaining balance of $50.00 which is 14 days overdue. The woman told me that they don't even continue to send notices on final bills and that the second any part of it is 31 days they send it to collections. I told her that it will be paid off within the next month or so. What idiots. Can you imagine how much money they spend transferring the debt over automatically and how they must pass that on to their customers? Part of that lovely $12/monthly fee that is charged just for having the account. Yuck!
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X