No announcement yet.

Writ of Execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have owned the Audi outright since December of last year, which is why I don't understand why they went after the Sentra. The officer parked right next to the Audi when he showed up, but never asked about it. He only wanted to know about the Sentra.

These two cars are the only things I actually own. I have no other property to speak of.

eta: They can take the Audi or they can take the Sentra. I really don't care. My main concern was my GF's things and whether they could enter my residence to look around.

Comment

They can take both of them and I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it. I own the Audi with the blistering clear coat and non-functioning turbo and the ever present oil leak. Like I said, take my Audi, please! It isn't worth anywhere near $5,000 but is probably worth more than the Sentra.

Comment

I didn't know they would be able to seize anything. The writ of execution was a surprise to me. I can always get another vehicle but just want to make sure I can protect GF's stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
          Someone correct me, but last I knew the Sheriff is allowed by the order of the court to enter your property to conduct an inventory of your assets. I was a bit surprised to read that in this case they did not do that. But that is my understanding.

Also if you sold the Audi out right before all this happened (since you said you don't care if they take it) wouldn't you have been able to get around $4K and enough to settle with them?

Also why wouldn't you sell the car (if you didn't want to settle) and then use the money to hire an attorney or what ever else other than just wait for it to get seized and sold for pennies.... I mean guess I would have rather of blown it in Vegas than just give it away for almost nothing. See this whole mess of the seizure of your property costs YOU a lot of money since it just goes on what you owe. So where you owed say $5K on a judgment after this it might be $8K and you lose the car and still owe them money.
          It varies widely by state. In Arizona, according to the law, the sheriff "HAS NO RIGHT OF ENTRY INTO A PERSON'S HOME" to enforce a civil judgment. You simply lock your door and don't answer the door when the sheriff comes to execute the writ.

In Arizona, up to $5000 ($10,000 if you are disabled) of equity in a vehicle is exempt from judgment execution.

This is why I have never heard of something like this happening in Arizona.

My guess is that this will end up costing them more in fees than they are going to gain from it. It is a very aggressive shake down of a debtor from a desperate collection agency that is finding it harder and harder to get people to voluntarily pay them anything, so they resort to this.
          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

This could be just me but you mentioned protecting your girlfriend's stuff many many times and concern for entering your residence. Are you guys running a meth lab or growing weed or something? Does your girlfriend have loads of stolen merchandise in the house? You just seem so unconcerned about your cars (be them not in great shape or not) and any of your own items.

Comment

Yes, a meth lab, weed, and, get this, a dungeon for the underage girls.

Listen, the writ said the sheriff was to collect all my personal property. I didn't know how they could tell what was and was not mine. I was concerned. Turns out I didn't need to be. Live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by luke326 View Post
                Yes, a meth lab, weed, and, get this, a dungeon for the underage girls.

Listen, the writ said the sheriff was to collect all my personal property. I didn't know how they could tell what was and was not mine. I was concerned. Turns out I didn't need to be. Live and learn.
                How big is the dungeon?
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

11 x 11 - I guess it's more of a starter dungeon.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                    (*light bulb goes on*) I just figured out how to get out of debt, screw this BK stuff or even wasting my time posting on here, I got some cooking to go do.

ROFL
                    Funny post! LOL

Sometimes I wonder if the trolls here are really debt collectors in disguise who come here to pass judgment on us....

Comment

In my state Writs of Execution. The local court officer knocks on the door and if you don't answer, oh well. They notify the plaintiff of the results of the attempted Writ.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X