Credit Card Companies & Your Bank Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Companies & Your Bank Account

My mother is in bad shape, she has been in ICU since may 20th, and I have the POA..anyway I have gone out of my way BIG time, Faxes, phone calls, priority mail to contact her creditors and ask them to WAIVE the monthly payment (not the interest) for about 6 months, hopefully she will be home by then. I have explained in detail to these companies, that since my mother's insurance ONLY covers so much of her health care, I was FORCED to apply for MEDI-CAL on her behalf(I would rather have had two root canals WITHOUT novacaine-it was horrible) and her SHARE of cost is almost 700$ month and she only gets 1250$ from SS/ after house payment/insurance payment etc..there is NOTHING left to pay them with.
    What I need to know...should I remove ALL of her Bank account $$$ into my account? Can companies, like DISCOVER, CREDITCARE etc automatically go after her bank account??? Someone told me they could & I should move any $$$$$$$$ she has into my account. I need to know what to do...this has been a frickin nightmare since MAY...if I have to I will declare bankruphy in my moms name., but I am honestly attempting to talk to these people. thank you for any help!

What attorney did the POA for you. Call that attorney's office and see if they handle elder care matters. You need a consultation with an elder care lawyer as to your mother's situation because you are going to run into much more (believe me, I have been there). Do not move your mother's funds until you get some advice. Moving her funds into your accounts could make you liable for the bills so protect yourself (and gain some great knowledge) with that consultation. Best $75/$100 you will ever spend.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X