Help summons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
    Sounds like a lot because he is just talking about a retainer - talk to a real estate attorney - after all this is post petition debt. How much is the total due?

Total is $1600
    Filed November 2 2007
    341 Meeting January 4 2008
    DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

Get some other quotes - maybe you can get the entire agreement done for $300 instead of just the retainer. After all, how long could it take to write a full release for you? Figure an hour? (I'm sure it only takes a few minutes - but you are sure to get the at least 1 hr min charge).
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I need to find out what his hourly is, I guess when I call his office, his assistant can tell me. The benefit is, that attorney is in the same state as the HOA, and has dealt with them before. He got me out of their fees pre-filing, which they still tried to argue about. If I have to pay, I have to pay, I just want them to give me that agreement, and then...make a report to the bar association.
        Filed November 2 2007
        DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

I absolutely hate HOA. Refuse to live in a HOA community. My house, therefore I make the rules. Not some committee.
          My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
          posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by BKcrazy View Post
            Total is $1600
            wow, is that the annual fee?
            My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
            posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

No, it was the amount after filing til the bank sold that place. At least that is what they say the amount is. Their attorney is somewhat crooked, at least IMO.
              Filed November 2 2007
              DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

I need to find out what his hourly is, I guess when I call his office, his assistant can tell me. The benefit is, that attorney is in the same state as the HOA, and has dealt with them before. He got me out of their fees pre-filing, which they still tried to argue about. If I have to pay, I have to pay, I just want them to give me that agreement, and then...make a report to the bar association.

Good idea.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008

Comment

Hrm, hourly is $150, but I think it won't take anything longer than his retainer. I have a feeling that he will also need to talk to that attorney, especially since she appears to be a nutbag.
                  Filed November 2 2007
                  DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

Hrm, hourly is $150, but I think it won't take anything longer than his retainer. I have a feeling that he will also need to talk to that attorney, especially since she appears to be a nutbag.
                    That hourly sounds very reasonable - and as you pointed out, he is in AZ and knows the HOA laws there. Sounds like this will be the last of your troubles. Good luck!
                    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                      That hourly sounds very reasonable - and as you pointed out, he is in AZ and knows the HOA laws there. Sounds like this will be the last of your troubles. Good luck!
                      Thanks so much for the encouragement and taking time to read this and the pm's.
                      Filed November 2 2007
                      DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X