Message from a debt collector and debtor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
    OMG Relief, LOL, I thought I was the only one that went through a box of depends reading this forum!!! It's hell getting old.
    And I'm really not that old........but this forum makes me laugh so hard sometimes that I feel like I'm gonna pee my pants.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

I hear ya!

Just saw your discharge, congrats.

Comment

Thanks - it took long enough. Patience is a virtue.....LOL

Comment

is your call center located in Africa ??
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I love it when I tell a debt collector that I record my calls and they object stating they don't give me permission to record it. Like I need their permission. I live in Georgia a one party recording state. I don't even have to tell them I am recording the call and I certainly don't need their permission.

The entire collection business is based on trying to squeeze someone that is already down. The JDB's buy these debts for pennies on the dollar but then try and intimidate the debtor into paying the debt plus interest and fees. They call a person at home, work and then in guise of trying to locate them... they call all the relatives and friends they can find in the hopes they can embarrass the debtor into handing over a payment.

I still get calls from debt collectors that are upset that my father failed to pay cancellation fees on his cell phone, satellite television service and even a credit card back in 2004. The fact that he failed to make these payments because he had the audacity to die without sending them the required cancellation fees first, matters not. The fact that the SOL where he lived has already passed, matters not. The fact that I am not him, matters not.

There have been collectors that call me over this DirecTV debt, that call precisely at 8:55 PM then proceed to berate me for not paying it. I've even recorded the debt collectors stating "Since you aren't the debtor we can continue calling and there is nothing you can do about it." Not one but several debt collectors from the same agency. Could that be a training issue?

Debt collectors are bottom-feeding scumbags that use the fact that they are on a telephone miles away to torture and harass people. These are the people that used magnifying glasses to torture ants. In real life, they are the wimps that got beat up on the playground but the telephone makes them ten feet tall and bulletproof.

Does the fact that I really don't like them show?

Comment

Originally posted by relief13035 View Post
              And I'm really not that old........but this forum makes me laugh so hard sometimes that I feel like I'm gonna pee my pants.

There are plenty of us who enjoy the comic relief these forums offer! Mucho congrats on your discharge!!! I hope that doesn't mean we're going to lose you as a regular poster!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I don't understand why the collectors get so nervous when you tell them you are recording their calls. It amazes me that they can calmly announce "this call may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance" yet flip out, even hang up when I say the same to them. It just goes to show how easy it is for us debtors to remain in control of the conversation.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I had a collection agency call recently. After the clown got done with his spill, I asked him "Who is it you are trying to reach?".

The collector started again with his spill and I asked him "Who is it you are trying to reach?".

Then he hung the phone up.

Have you noticed, most of these clowns never even state what debt they are collecting for? They just want payment.
                  Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

spiel?

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                      Mucho congrats on your discharge!!! I hope that doesn't mean we're going to lose you as a regular poster!
                      I'm not leaving - there's always more to learn. Hopefully I can be of help to someone.

Comment

As far as not having an exact date of payment, I've found that if I didn't have an exact date, if I said, "within 2 weeks", they would actually say to me, "Without a date, the calls won't stop." So really, why would I bother to even pick up the phone if I knew I didn't have an exact date?

If the situation you described actually played out that way, a debt collector actually listening to me, then I would be very polite. I've just never had that experience.

My favorite one was when they received my payment, called in error and then wanted to know when the next payment would be made - which wasn't even DUE YET. Of course people get aggravated. It's like having a conversation based in sheer idiocy.

I also love the "please confirm your phone #". Um, you called it? I know it's your supposed "rules" but dude, it's stupid. Besides, I don't collect a paycheck from your company so why should I care one whit about your rules?
                        over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
                        Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
                          I had a collection agency call recently. After the clown got done with his spill, I asked him "Who is it you are trying to reach?".

The collector started again with his spill and I asked him "Who is it you are trying to reach?".

Then he hung the phone up.

Have you noticed, most of these clowns never even state what debt they are collecting for? They just want payment.
                          When we were going through the collection call stuff and we accidently answered a call and when we answered we realized it was a collection call, we stated that "Mr./Mrs. Flamingo are at work/out/whatever, I am their sister-in-law/brother-in-law watching the kids and could I have them call you when they return/give them a message?" Always worked...they can't/won't divulge information to anyone else on your line and they just stated they would call back at another time. I still do that if I accidently pick up a telemarketer phone call.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

BIG BOY "go brush up on the FDCPA your definition of why you can call after getting a C&D is incorrect you wouldn't want us to think your a MORON.

That probably would have meant so much more if you had spelled "your" right before you called HIM a moron. lol

BIG BOY "I was once a collector and did repossessions"

That actually explains a lot.

BELL "No matter what that collection agent said up there at the top, when my number comes up on your auto-dialer you are better off going to the next number. I confess that I treat collection agents like the bottom feeding scumbags that they are.

I remembered when I was all self righteous...then I remembered I was the one not paying my bills. Some call it perspective.

SOY...I for one am glad you are here...care to share any other things that would be helpful...such as...

1. Were you the bank or a CA?
                            2. How long would you give debtors before you moved to suit/garnishment etc?
                            3. When can settlement happen and what is the best we can expect in whatever time frame? At what levels? .10? .20? etc...

Thanks again for posting...despite the other short bus riders...I appreciate it.
                            Last edited by BKINAZ; 04-02-2009, 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling
                            $70k- Unsecured Debt
                            $88k- Secured Debt (HELOC/2nd)
                            $200k- Land investment gone bad. (Land secured)
                            1st- $366k / House Value- $300k

Comment

Your write about that!

Comment

OMG thats sooooo funny

Not sure why folks get so uptight about your and you're....dont sweat the small stuff buddy...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X