top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS it OK to tell creditor's I M filing BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS it OK to tell creditor's I M filing BK?

I am filing BK this week. Is it alright to let them know I'm filing BK?

My credit union stated it's OK if I am filing BK so they do not need to call me anymore. Has anyone experience the same to stop the calls?

If you are filing this week, I am assuming you have already retained an attorney. You can provide the attorney's contact information to any calling creditors. Most will also ask for the filing number which you will not have until you file and when you obtain that, you can also provide that information to them. Once they get that information, the calls will eventually slow down and stop.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thanks Flamingo... I was told they will still keep calling us until they have a case number regardless if we keep refering them to my attorney. We can always keep telling them to contact my attorney.

Can they still call neighbors, ex-employer and relatives? Can't believe AMEX called my mother-in-law.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKing View Post
        Thanks Flamingo... I was told they will still keep calling us until they have a case number regardless if we keep refering them to my attorney. We can always keep telling them to contact my attorney.

Can they still call neighbors, ex-employer and relatives? Can't believe AMEX called my mother-in-law.
        They can continue calling until you file and they get their paperwork and information from the BK Court. That is why most stop almost immediately after you file. Some creditors may take several days to receive your filing paperwork and may continue to call until they do. Just continue to provide them with your case number and refer all calls to your attorney.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X