what type of judgement can be dismissed in bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what type of judgement can be dismissed in bk

can some one tell me what type of judgement canNOT be discharged in bk?
    i assume one awarded for some type of injury? as example why wasnt o.j. simpson allowed to dsimiss his civil judgement? or robert blake? If i hit HHM.s car and he sues me, i assume i could get it dismissed in bk, but if HHM was in the car and got whiplash, and sued me would that be dischargable?? or is everything dischargeable, execpt the normal taxes, child support, and student loans. etc.

Criminal fines and restitution, child support...

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
      A lot of people have no car insurance or an insufficient amount of car or homeowners insurance and have to file BK as a result of causing personal injury to someone.

However, if you were DUI or charged with a crime or criminal act and that caused the personal injury then that is not dischargeable.

Lets say you walk over to your neighbors house and whack him over head with a baseball bat. That an assault and a crime and would not be dischargeable when he sues you.

But lets say your playing a game of baseball with your neighbor and he is the catcher and you accidentally whack him in the head with the bat, there was no criminal act so then when he sues you and wins for damages you can BK against his judgment.

Wonder why I have no neighbors?
      Nope...it's quite obvious!
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

BUT, then when oj simpson was aquitted, and robert blake was aquitted of all crimes, they got civil judgements, and they should be able to have them removed also in bk. they were proven not guilty of any crimes. they are still hounding ole oj, even though he declared bk.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X