Can't Believe AMEX Called my Mother-in-Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
    I have one collection agency collector who keeps calling and claims if I don't pay him, he is going to call all of my neighbors and relatives. He also claims he does not have to honor the bankruptcy stay, It doesn't apply to him. I wish I could get his name and call all of his neighbors and relatives and explain what kind of low life he is. Better yet, spoof his telephone number and order pizza to be delivered from about 50 different places. When the pizzas are delivered, call the police and tell them there is a riot going on in front of the collector's home.
    LOL as to the pizza suggestion! That's a shame you can't tape one of those calls and send it in to one of your local radio talk shows and have them play it (most cities have those talk shows where anything goes) or send it to Dick Ramsey or Suze Orman as to what actually goes on with regular working folks.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Actually one of my friends pulled that pizza trick off back in the goold ole days while at college.
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
        I have one collection agency collector who keeps calling and claims if I don't pay him, he is going to call all of my neighbors and relatives. He also claims he does not have to honor the bankruptcy stay, It doesn't apply to him. I wish I could get his name and call all of his neighbors and relatives and explain what kind of low life he is. Better yet, spoof his telephone number and order pizza to be delivered from about 50 different places. When the pizzas are delivered, call the police and tell them there is a riot going on in front of the collector's home.
        You can have them delivered to his company address. Be sure and ask the pizza place if they accept company checks and to write Purchase Order 36533 on the bill. Let them know to ask for (your collector) when they deliver.

Just make sure you use a national chain not a local pizza guy!
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKing View Post
          How did AMEX got a hold of my mother-in-law's phone number?
          Regardless of how they got her number, assuming she is not listed on the account, what was the discussion? I assume that privacy laws would not permit them to discuss your situation with her.

Comment

I agree phigment. My wife is waiting for a return call from my MIL as to what extent the phone call and whether or not there was any exchange of information. If this collection things get's ugly, I may have to buy a recorder to record all collection calls, especially after my filing next week.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X