• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so funny

This post made my day.
    So funny

Originally posted by mkuki View Post
    This morning citi called me, asking why my payments had not been made ...and this is how the conversation went...

citi: it shows here that you are 50 days past due...do you want a payment plan..blah! blah!

me: no, I dont think I can pay you

citi: why cant you pay?...

me: I'm going thru a credit crunch too, just like you...

citi: I understand, but we can work out a payment plan...

me: I dont think that will work as I speak to you right now...

citi: why not...

me: well, I am waiting for my T.A.R.P money...

citi: oh...

me: I know, I am very disappointed that big guys like you are getting T.A.R.P money and blowing it on bonuses...

citi: not everyone got a bonus...

me: Well, I have to see what the senate does with todays discussions of my stimulus package...maybe I will call my senator and tell him to vote against giving citi any more money...until I get my bail-out too...

citi: sir, you know you will continue getting calls for the payment,...

me: that's ok, I will forward all citi calls to my senator office...

citi: well thank you sir, have a good day...

me: you too

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
      Well, call me dumb, tree, cause I didn't know there were advantages to NOT telling the creditors about a BK. I knew the whole time I had to file.

What are they?
      I think he meant they FILED for BK too quickly. Rushed into it to stop the calls, which I suspect a lot of people do.

I agree there is no harm in threatening. I doubt they take your word for it, which just points out the uselessness of talking to the phone collectors. It is quite simply legal harassment designed to pressure you into sending money.

I think it's like arguing with the TV; the droid on the phone is just reading from a script trying to get a payment.

The decisions about suing, selling, or whatever are surely made "upstairs" by a computer at the giant banks or by a credit analyst just in case the computer missed something or the case is big enough.
      Last edited by catleg; 02-12-2009, 02:39 AM.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I have come around to that way of thinking as well. I was given a medication for Parkinson's called Mirapex that triggers compulsive shopping, gambling, and sexual behavior. That I still have a wife and a job and a roof over my head is amazing, cause I came very close to losing it all. What I AM left with is a mountain of credit card debt, a house with effectively no equity, and 401k money. In my state the garnishment limit is 10% of your gross pay. So I'm more or less judgement proof except to the extent of 10% of our pay. In the meantime I've reduced my car insurance to the state mandated minimums for liability, this is a great side effect of this mess. I figure I'll ride it out and wait for the right moment, rather than risk a trustee make me pay back more than I'd like to these piranhas. The only risk is if an aging relative passes away, so I'm pulling for her to make it a couple more years. :-) And oh by the way I've tried to get a lawyer to take a case but the drug company seems to have them beat on this one. They added a warning in 2006 on gambling and compulsive behavior. I think the lawyers really need you to die to ring the register. Sadly I cannot accomodate them.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X