No Asset/S-corp business debt- Pro Se?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Asset/S-corp business debt- Pro Se?

I've been looking around this site for a couple days and getting ready to file ch7. I will qualify on income level for family size. I'm renting, have 2 old heaps for cars and not much else. I started a pizza biz and tried to keep it floating w/ ccards instead of closing when I should have. I'm filing personal, w/o my wife.

My question- How much does it complicate filing to add business debts to my personal filing? I was leaning towards self-filing w/ help of full service internet provider (bridgeport bk- any comments on them?)

Obviously, paying a lawyer would put my family in an even tighter spot.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
    File Ch. 7 Pro Se: 4/25/2007
    341 Meeting:sch 5/23/2007

Still have a nasty student loan waiting for me on the other side.

search the board for the poster time4cake he has not posted much recently but he was around about 2 to 3 months ago with a personal chapter 7 with mostly business (sub chapter 7) debts. he talked about his lawyer saying that an individual with mostly business debts did not even have to worry about the meanss test and several other interesting concepts in bankruptcy law. you might learn from those posts. he was supposedly due for discharge right about now but has been posting since early May. If you want to do a pro se with a S
    corp it will probably boil down to the proportional size of debt load. I think time4cake put his S corp six foot under (it folded) before he filed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X