On Pacer..Yippee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Pacer..Yippee

It's official, I found my case on Pacer.

I was looking around a little (while keeping track of the .08 a page) and found this under "flags": DebtEd, MissingSig, and MeansNo

What do those mean? I thought I signed everything when in my Attny's office unless he missed something. And I took the Consumer Credit course and gave him the Cert. Also, I'm assuming that "MeansNo" means since I was under the income limits they are not using to means test to determine my status. Correct??

Any insight would be appreciated.

TY DM

MissingSig is a missing signature. I don't know which form it is missing from. Did the clerk file deficiency document on the Docket?

The DebtEd is the "second" course. This is known as the Debtor's Financial Management course. If you haven't taken the second class, then you need to take it. Your attorney would need to file Form B23 along with the "certificate" from that second class.

MeansNo identifies that you do not have the means to fund a Chapter 13. This is a good flag!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

There is apparently a missing signature somewhere. And you mention the Debtor's Ed Course. There is a second one you have to take, usually after you have your 341 meeting, though some people go ahead and take it to get it out of the way.

ETA: JB explained the MeansNo flag better than I did, so I removed my remark. You are on your way!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        There is a second one you have to take, usually after you have your 341 meeting, though some people go ahead and take it to get it out of the way.
        How soon can you take it. I'd like to get it overwith as soon as I can.
        Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
        Discharged! June 28, 2012
        Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
          How soon can you take it. I'd like to get it overwith as soon as I can.
          You can do it online today.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I went to my old PACER account and was totally lost. From what I could make out on it, you can sign up for FREE update of your case and/or file your own papers. I'm to busy to study it today, but I never found a way to my account. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              I went to my old PACER account and was totally lost. From what I could make out on it, you can sign up for FREE update of your case and/or file your own papers. I'm to busy to study it today, but I never found a way to my account. 'Hub
              You can call them and they will guide you to your account. They have a 1-800 number and the folks there are surprisingly helpful given they are employed by the government.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Anyone who has questions about pacer like I did.....

I just went to "General Bankruptcy Talk" and read the sticky on Pacer. It was wonderful, very easy to understand and I followed the instructions and got right in. TY for putting that information there, this site is a God Send!!!

DM

Comment

When looking at Pacer, is my docket # the number that precedes my name on the Query page after I've logged in? I just want it so if I get any calls from creditors I can tell them I've filed and give them the correct #.

DM

Comment

Originally posted by DaisysMom View Post
                    When looking at Pacer, is my docket # the number that precedes my name on the Query page after I've logged in? I just want it so if I get any calls from creditors I can tell them I've filed and give them the correct #.
                    There's a Case Number. That number usually looks like AA-BBBBB-CCC where AA is the 2-digit year, BBBBB is the case number for that year, and CCC are the initials of the presiding judge.

A docket number is just a counting number, starting at 1, for every entry on the Court's electronic "docket". The document number usually represents an actual "document" or a specific event.

I think you're referring to your Case Number and, if so, yes, it appears on the screen after you search for your case and select your case number. The Case Number, and filing District, is the information that you want to provide a creditor that calls.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X