Help with forms....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with forms....

I'm filling out the forms for Chapter 7 right now...

Just a few questions...

How do I list student loans? Does it go under the Schedule F- Unsecured Nonpriority Claims or, Schedule E, or Schedule D?

Also, how do I list a vehicle loan that I surrendered? Do I file it under Schedule F? The vehicle was already sold by the credit union.

Thanks

Also, does it matter if I'm putting my name on each form as: (Last, First, Middle), like the first form?

Comment

Is this a homework assignment for your high school economics class?
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Go away buddy if you won't help. I've been out of high school for 7 years, have a Bachelor of Arts and am working on a Nursing degree now.

These are simple, serious questions, if you can't answer them, then don't reply. I don't need to deal with jerks.

Comment

Originally posted by aaengel View Post
          Go away buddy if you won't help. I've been out of high school for 7 years, have a Bachelor of Arts and am working on a Nursing degree now.

These are simple, serious questions, if you can't answer them, then don't reply. I don't need to deal with jerks.
          Sorry but these questions you are asking are not typical questions asked by a pro se filer. I would equate them to someone either charged with a high school assignment or someone who refuses to do a little research on his own. I suggest you go to the library and borrow the NOLO book on Chapter 7 Bankruptcy if you are seriously contemplating a pro se filing.

We're not buddies. I don't even know you. Calling me a jerk doesn't help your cause. You posted your query last night and no one chose to respond to it. At a minimum you should thank me for bumping your thread for you.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

In his own, darkly humorous way, OhioFiler raises a good point, these are relatively simple questions. It is okay to ask, but it does indicate that you might be half-assing your BK and are going to have more problems down the road. So, yes, you need to do your homework. If BK really were as simple as filing out forms, the national average of pro-se filers would be much higher, as of right now, it stands at only 8-9% of cases filed. That should tell you something, it is not as easy as it looks.

To answer your question
            Student loans are general, unsecured debts, schedule F (but they are non-dischargeable)
            Auto Loan Deficiency is now an unsecured debt, so, schedule F.
            Last edited by HHM; 02-21-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

See, bumping the thread got you your answers! No need to thank me though. ;-)

Comment

aaengel, if you have pro se questions, please try placing in the Pro Se Forum area. Posts in that sub-forum will get more attention for you. Additionally, if you are filing pro se, then you should get a guidebook to help you with completing the 60+ pages of forms that you'll be completing.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

OP, did you go see Legal Aid?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I'm just going to get a lawyer though I can't really afford it. Found a smaller law firm that will do the Chapter 7 for $1,500 total. I just pray I don't get any adversarial proceedings from Chase.

Comment

Chase would only file such if you have been spending on the eve of bankruptcy, used a credit card to pay for taxes or school tuition, or fraudulently obtained the credit.

So, why do you think they'd object to your discharge of the Chase debt?
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

JB, he fears an objection based on his use of the credit card in the last 90 days.

aaengel, your attorney will be able to advise you whether you should wait to file.
                        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I'm just going to get a lawyer though I can't really afford it. Found a smaller law firm that will do the Chapter 7 for $1,500 total. I just pray I don't get any adversarial proceedings from Chase.
                          Excellent decision.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                            JB, he fears an objection based on his use of the credit card in the last 90 days.
                            I haven't been keeping up and didn't know that. I still wonder just how much was purchased on the eve of bankruptcy (whether cash advance or not). As you have stated, waiting could be the best course.

Comment

Aaengel - keep in mind depending on what day you file and I believe your goal is to file before your court date which is March 6th - if you file on the eve of your court date March 5th you might still have to show up in court with your date stamped petition.

Don't forget to discuss timing with your lawyer, don't assume the plaintiff will receive notification in time, especially if you end up filing on March 5th.

Good Luck
                              Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X