Good news/Bad news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news/Bad news?

Got a new job...bad news: I think they are doing a credit check. Ugh! Will this possibly ruin my chances, we aren't even discharged yet and I look like a serial filer...past bk from 8 years ago, filed a 13 and dismissed it early this year, in order to file our ch7. Thoughts?

Are they doing a background check or a credit check? Do you handle money with the new job or have to have security clearance for anything? My new employer did a background check on me but they didn't check credit. I also feel like a serial filer but the first time was due to my ex talking me into taking thousands out in personal credit in my name to save our business and then divorcing me. The reason I have to file 13 is just due to "life happening", job loss and medical issues.

Honestly, if they checked everyone's credit that was unemployed there would be no one to hire. What do employers think is the result of being unemployed? Of course people's credit isn't going to be pristine.

I would try not to worry about it unless it comes back and they deny you. At that point maybe meeting with them and explaining things might help. It certainly couldn't hurt any more.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

I would call them and let them know about the BK. They may feel that you were dishonest by not disclosing it.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
        I would call them and let them know about the BK. They may feel that you were dishonest by not disclosing it.
        There is no reason to disclose a BK to an employer unless they specifically ask. Do not go to them and disclose your BK! Address it if/when they bring it up and then in a very general way.
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

I think as mountanddo said a BACKGROUND check MAY not include a credit check...do you know what exactly they told you???

Comment

Okay, I passed...all clear. So, either they didn't do a credit check, or it didn't matter. So, I'm ALL GOOD!!! I would NEVER disclose anything unless it was specifically asked. One time I did have a company as about BK's on an application. I answered it and was NOT hired. The whole process stopped after they recieved that information. Thank you all!

Comment

Well, my Jan 13 is my date and ironically my security clearance also expires that same month. They do ask...will keep you posted.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X