top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I just do something potentially stupid????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I just do something potentially stupid????

I filed on July 19th, and my 341 meeting is on August 25th.

I've been looking to make a little extra money, and I just signed up to sell Avon. Am I correct in assuming that this isn't a good idea??? I honestly didn't think about the bk when I signed up the other day. Paid my $10 start up fee, and handed out some books. This won't screw things up with my bk will it? I'm a no asset case, and I make $7.87 an hour part time in retail. I'm married, but filing alone. He makes $8 an hour, 40 hours a week at a retail job. Will my income (including what tiny bit I make selling Avon. I'm not expecting to make much) and my husbands income screw things up for my case???? :-/

Don't worry about it, it is not likely that you will make enough to worry about DMI being too high.

Comment

You can also wait to sell things until your case is closed. Just signing up to be a rep does not mean you have to sell anything. If I am incorrect, hope others join in.

Comment

Your post petition earnings are not property of the estate. You went out to find work, doing exactly what is expected of you. Neither your earnings or any "inventory" you acquire or sell have any relevance to your Chapter 7 at this time.

Des.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys! :-)

I truly didn't think about my bk when I signed up, until just now. I'm like, uh oh. lol Should I let my paralegal know that I'm now selling Avon?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzladyw View Post
            Should I let my paralegal know that I'm now selling Avon?
            Yes, but only if you are going to try to get her to buy some products.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
              Yes, but only if you are going to try to get her to buy some products.

Des.
              LOL! It's a him, but maybe I can get him to buy some cologne. I figure with as much of a headache as he's given me the past few months, the least he could do is buy something. ;-)

Comment

I sold Avon a hundred years ago and wound up losing money. You are going to need to buy samples etc....
                You should only have to worry about reporting income. Remember that you will have deductions as a self-employed person for gas, etc. Good luck!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X