No announcement yet.

Attorney Meeting today.. question about 341 hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok.. we'll just cash it and spend it! lol sorry.

What is that rule on giving money to family and everything? Does have to be a significant amount? I just realized this...it's been so long...I used to give my mom $50 every month, because she took care of my dog before i got married and we moved into our house. Of course I haven't paid her for that, for over 8 months, since we bought the house. But I did for 4 months of the 1 year span before that. It's definitely not over $600.

Comment

For insider preference they ask about payments adding up to $600 in the year before filing. You should be fine on the hairy child thing.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

LOL debee!!! I had to read that twice to realize you were talking about the 'daycare' for her furkid!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

so the only one that even qualified was that $2000 check from his MIL? Well we got it into the bank yesterday.. and I've already paid every bill, paid my mortgage and car payment a couple weeks early, got groceries, put gas in both vehicles... I paid a little more than usual.. like $200 instead of $100 on the credit card.. and I paid $300 on a student loan, that can't be discharged anyway. It has been in forebearance.. so that's not over the $600.. and paid $250 to a doctor bill of my husbands.. we've already paid $120 in the past 90 days on it.. so to be safe.. I didn't want to pay much more than that. After figuring.. once everything goes through and clears I'll have $150 in the account.. hopefully everything will be through by Monday or Tuesday and I can file on Wednesday.

I did confirm with my attorney about the $100 check, he said what you did. Just cash it and spend it. He's like.. "you can spend that just in gas over the weekend". Would it be ok for me to use some of it to buy our meal on mothers day? My husband still hasn't received his debit card from the new account.. and won't until next Tuesday. So it's all I'll have. Other than that, we should be able to make it to Tuesday or after filing.

I did make sure to get a front and back copy of the check from my MIL before depositing it... just to be safe.

Comment

I think you've done everything on the up and up, documented everything - others will chime in as well - I think you're good to go. Try to enjoy your mother's day...and all the best of good luck!!!! I know on this I do speak for everyone else here - all best wishes, and please keep us updated!!!

Originally posted by mhp8982 View Post
            so the only one that even qualified was that $2000 check from his MIL? Well we got it into the bank yesterday.. and I've already paid every bill, paid my mortgage and car payment a couple weeks early, got groceries, put gas in both vehicles... I paid a little more than usual.. like $200 instead of $100 on the credit card.. and I paid $300 on a student loan, that can't be discharged anyway. It has been in forebearance.. so that's not over the $600.. and paid $250 to a doctor bill of my husbands.. we've already paid $120 in the past 90 days on it.. so to be safe.. I didn't want to pay much more than that. After figuring.. once everything goes through and clears I'll have $150 in the account.. hopefully everything will be through by Monday or Tuesday and I can file on Wednesday.

I did confirm with my attorney about the $100 check, he said what you did. Just cash it and spend it. He's like.. "you can spend that just in gas over the weekend". Would it be ok for me to use some of it to buy our meal on mothers day? My husband still hasn't received his debit card from the new account.. and won't until next Tuesday. So it's all I'll have. Other than that, we should be able to make it to Tuesday or after filing.

I did make sure to get a front and back copy of the check from my MIL before depositing it... just to be safe.

Comment

I definitely will, you have all been great! I truly appreciate all of your help! You guys are awesome!

Comment

I agree. You probably won't be asked about it anyway, but spending it on food (whether at home or not) is fine. Especially on Mom's day.
                There are two secrets for success in life:
                1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X