Reaffirmation Agreement questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmation Agreement questions

OK, so I filled out my reaffirmation for one of my cars, and it still makes me uneasy. It is a 2005, I owe $2,700, value is somewhere around $17,000, and it's in pretty good shape. So I fill out my papers just like schedules I & J stating negative cash flow every month, then I try to say why I can afford this. The math doesn't show that, and so I've said that I'll cut down on expenses where I can to eek out 9 more payments. We have to keep 2 cars because I'm on emergency standby for a hospital and my husband works. Anyway, this one I can sort of explain because the low balance remaining and short duration of the loan...what do I say when I reaffirm my other car that has 57/60 payments left? Granted, the payment is great ($245) and the car is a reasonable, logical newer car under warranty...but how do I explain away another car payment? Am I thinking too hard, or could they not approve this?
    Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Why would you reaffirm either car loan?
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I want to keep the cars and my attorney acts like this is the only way. The paperwork says that it must be completed and approved by the judge before discharge. I assume that means that the discharge will be held up if I don't?
      Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

With such a low amount left on the note, it is highly unlikely that a lender would not allow a "ride through". I'd still fill out the reaffirmation and hopefully the judge denies it and disallows the lender lender to repossess.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X