Fraud! Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fraud! Help!!

Ok this has NOTHING to do with my case... I am free, clear, discharged and Closed....

HOWEVER, a friend of mine just received a letter from another case saying that she has a 2200 engagement ring of a person that was a former boss of ours... She has been married for 2 years and has one child and one on the way with her husband...

The ring was purchased in 2005 and I met the woman this ring went too... HOWEVER, the person that purchased the ring listed my friend Nikki as the one who has possession and now his case is discharged...

Now, Friedman's jelewers is coming after Nikki for either A) 2200, B) payment plan for the 2200 or C) the ring...

She obviously isn't going to do either, she doesn't have the ring... the other woman does, and why he didnt list the TRUE possessor of this asset I have no idea...

What happens now?!?!?!? What should she do?!?!? Will I have to testify, since I met the woman the ring really went to or what????

I know this thread seems crazy, and not realistic, I am totally shocked and blown away too... But I need some advice, My friend and I have no idea what to do...

What can happen to this man?

Thanks in advance!!

Well, it sounds like a classic case of misappropriation of assets, fraud, and just plain lying. I think he will probably face the possibility of having his bankruptcy dismissed for cause; he could also be fined, imprisoned, or both. Not a good thing.
    Filed Chapter 7, 8/16/05, 341 10/12/05
    Discharged 2/16/06, Case Closed 3/8/06
    FICA Score (Equifax) as of 10/13/06 - 645
    (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

What if it is already discharged and closed..!??!

Comment

The trustee can reopen it if, fraud is involved.
        I'd suggest your friend write a letter to Friedman's and send it CRRR saying she never received the ring. Send it CRRR. She needs to write a letter to the trustee in the case stating the problem and enclose all correspondence from Friedman's and send it CRRR.

Comment

Update:

She called the number on the letter and it turns out that he never listed who had the property...

So this company did a background check on him, and sent this letter to SEVERAL women..

My friend's husband had rented out their condo to him (her name was on the Note in her maiden name, so they sent her a letter thinking she could have been the recipient of the ring, since he had lived in her house)...

How embarrassing... I bet all his ex's that had any background with him, any previous landlords that were women and current contact got an identical letter..

WOW... He should have just listed who had the dang ring in his schedules!!

Comment

OMG this is crazy and a warning to those who of us who might consider hiding our assets. Trust me I don't want to lose my wedding rings that we still owe on and are filing on. I am curious if we would lose them.
            Take care,
            Evie
            Freedom is coming!
            1st attorney visit for chapter 7 was April 30, 08

Comment

The trustee can reopen it if, fraud is involved.
              I'd suggest your friend write a letter to Friedman's and send it CRRR saying she never received the ring. Send it CRRR. She needs to write a letter to the trustee in the case stating the problem and enclose all correspondence from Friedman's and send it CRRR.

Write an affadavit and have it signed by a notarizer (there is always a notary at a bank) while your at it !

Regards, Catchmeifyoucan
              July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
              Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
              Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
              Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

This sounds like a FDCPA violation on the part of Friedmann Jewelers, they attempted to collect a debt from someone they had no proof owed a debt.
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X